Can't get through to EON

bizzylizzy
bizzylizzy Posts: 642 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
For a couple of weeks I have been trying to phone EON to discuss my DD payment which they have put up £20 a month:eek::eek::eek:

Each time I try I get a recorded message saying they have a high number of calls so try again later or go to their website.

I have resorted to writing to them asking them to ring me, but of course, they won't. I have tried at different times of the day, every day, but nothing.

The problem is that the DD goes on the 1st :eek:

Is it me? What can I do??

Comments

• Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    Email them.

Or, you could contact one of the very helpful board reps on her...I'm sure one of them will come along soon asking you to do just that! Search for them or look at their posts on this board for contact details.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    bizzylizzy wrote: »
    Is it me? What can I do??

Yes it is. If you have an issue which is important to you, you need to be single minded about it. That includes, at least once, holding on for as long as it takes.

Other people are doing that, that is why there is a queue.
  • j2011
    j2011 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Everytime I want to contact Eon I do it online and I usually get a phone call back in a day or 2.
  • bizzylizzy
    Ok, I usually hang on forever when I call companies but there is no option to do that this time. Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my original post. As soon as the recorded message has finished the line goes dead. There is nothing to wait for.
    I couldn't find an email address or I would have emailed them.
    I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with this?
    I will look around this thread to look for the rep.
    Thank you for the replies.
  • bizzylizzy
    I have now found the email for EON on their website and sent them the query so thanks to the posters who told me about that. Hopefully they will respond before the DD goes!
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi bizzylizzy,

I am so sorry for the problem you have had when trying to call us, I know this is a pain and I do know we have been busy lately :o.

Direct Debit's are talked about a lot on the forum and we know these can be adjusted for all sorts of reasons.

I will be more than happy to help you, just email me your details to the email address in my profile page and I can give you ring to get it sorted :D

Hope I can help :)

Helena :)

Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2012 at 9:01AM
    bizzylizzy wrote: »
    Ok, I usually hang on forever when I call companies but there is no option to do that this time.

Thanks for that clarification. That is a very annoying practice and "discounting" to the customer. Unless the contact number is 0800 you will have incurred a call setup charge every time you called. I suggest you raise a formal complaint with E.ON complaining about your customer experience. Unless E.ON wants to risk an Energy Ombudsman referral it is likely that you will receive a ex-gratia payment in respect of the wasted call setup costs.
  • bizzylizzy
    Thank you. I have emailed Helena, and I will also complain about the call charges I have incurred.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure