PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hole in wedding veil

Hi there,
My daughter is getting married next month and she would like to save some money by using my wedding veil (23 years old). Unfortunately it has a small hole in the veil and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for an invisible mend on it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Can you get some little flowers or diamontes to put over it or is the hole too big? It would look really pretty with lovely diamonte sparkles catching the light.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Some dry-cleaners will take on this kind of repair. Or an experienced dressmaker could do it.

Depending on the type of material the veil is made of it can be an easy repair. I have mended net-type fabric just by matching the pattern with sewing thread. Sort of recreating the "holes". Sorry not helping much, it's easier to do than explain!!
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Thankyou for the suggestions, I think probably matching the pattern with thread may work best as it is a net like material but diamontes are a good idea as my daughter has these on her wedding dress.
    Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport