Heating control panel broken

Options
2»

Comments

• Wilson.a2310
    Options
    Ok I'm gonna go get one tomorrow and try it.
    Is there anything I need to do before I start please.
    And thanks for all your help :)
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Make sure you buy the right type of controller
    There are one channel controllers for just your heating, you probably don't want this
    There are two channel controllers for your heating and hot water, since you have a back boiler I'm guessing you have the hot water tank in the airing cupboard and you will want a dual channel programmer.

These ones are on offer at the moment and look nice, no idea if they are reliable though
    http://www.diy.com/departments/drayton-channel-programmer/303609_BQ.prd
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    And you may need to set an interlock on the new controller as it's quite common on older systems to have HotWaterOnly or HotWaterAndHeating i.e. it's not possible to have HeatingOnly.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Wilson.a2310
    Options
    Right I have brought a new one but the same make. I have put it on and turned mains back on but nothing is coming up on the screen where am I going wrong? Please help!! Thanks :)
  • Wilson.a2310
    Options
    I got one and put it on but there's nothing coming up on the screen. Could you help me out please :)
  • Alex1983
    Options
    What model timer did you buy? Did you alter anything on the back plate or just unhook the old timer and hung the new one on the original back plate?
  • Wilson.a2310
    Options
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    What model timer did you buy? Did you alter anything on the back plate or just unhook the old timer and hung the new one on the original back plate?

The model is ep101 and no didn't touch anything just turned the mains off, hooked it on then put the mains back on but nothing happened.
  • Alex1983
    Options
    The ep101 is a single channel clock, it's for a combi boiler, as someone said you need a dual/ 2 channel timer.
  • Wilson.a2310
    Options
    Someone else got it for me without me telling them this lol ok will change it tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Thanks for all your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure