Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T sorry to hear you've not been well midge but well done on your loss.

Hello

WI today and lost another 2.5lbs ! Am very pleased with that !

I'm also very excited today as I'm going to a wedding wedding party & will be seeing people who don't know I've lost my weight. Will be good though as I'll be the designated driver, saving my wine syns for tomorrow.

Does anyone have any recommendations for biscuit cravings - I have hifi bars when I need a chocolate fix but this week I could have really eaten a packet of biscuits in one sitting

Have a good day everyone
    :T on your loss too. Hope you get lots of compliments when you go to the wedding party. It's such a confidence boost. Hopefully there will be bits of chicken and veg sticks on the buffet to choose from.

I'm not fussed about biscuits personally but I know those pink wafers are just 2 syn each and even more filling (not sure if you think of them as biscuits) are those pink and white marshmallow sandwich things. They're about 2.5.

wizkid1 wrote: »
    Maman
    5lb but at that I am not slim enough I think I may need another stone I need to be in a size 12 but I am between 14 and 16 which really won't do when your'e only 5 ft. Not to worry I am getting it off slow but sure and I know I am eating well. I have the odd slip ups, when I may have a meat pie or meat and potato, or a steak pudding, never sweet stuff I really am a savoury person. Also I have tried cutting down on bread and potatoes and I find I am not getting the same stomach pains that I had. Also believe it or not my green beans have increased to four or five, and cauliflower two or three sprigs.. so , better than I was but not good enough. I will keep trying because I know veg is best.:rotfl::rotfl:

:T good for you wiz! I think you're brilliant to persevere with the Speed veg. Fruit can work though. I think I've posted before that my original consultant eats almost no veg at all (she said she was force fed as a child:(). So she'll have her meal like egg and chips or whatever and then eat a punnet of strawberries.

I agree that, for your height you should aim to be a smaller dress size. Why not get that 5lbs off and then think again.:) It's good to hear you feel better for carb cutting but it will also save you syns. You often use syns on extra bread so without that you could have a pie as a treat every now and then. As you enjoy your soup (and British weather isn't that hot:() having soup with a salad could help fill you up.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, baked beans, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and beetroot
    D: Aldi lamb rogan josh with extra mushrooms, pilau rice, SW chips
    Syns: 1 or 2 in curry and rice and then there's wine syns!:D
  • Ah thanks maman....am really looking forward to it lol!

I've usually said that I would only buy a new dress for an event if I lost a certain amount of weight but this time I've thought blow it...I'm having a new dress!

I'm not really a Buffett person so I wouldn't really eat much anyway but will be choosing wisely just in case lol
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hiya everyone, and thanks Maman for your kind words and advice.:)

My Sunday menu plan..

Breakfast.. porridge A B. Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries,

Lunch..cheese ,egg and ham salad.light salad cream 3 syns

Dinner...beef stew and 2 dumplings 3 syns jersey potatoes few green beans , carrots, peas.

Extra f f yoghurt, strawberries, melon.
    6 syns .:)
  • maman
    Just an idea wiz but as you can eat carrots why not try using them to help cut back on carbs? If you mix them with potatoes (assuming you don't eat swede) that would cut potatoes down by 50% when you have mash either on its own or on cottage pie. Carrots also roast well or boiled in big chunks they substitute well for potatoes.

I haven't tasted it yet but I've tried to make my own pilau rice. Usually I buy a microwave pouch but went to cupboard and didn't have any. I'll let you all know how it tastes.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just popping in for a mo after watching the match.

Would have taken a 2-0 defeat before the game, but, perversely, I'm scunnered with a 2-2 draw!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    greentiger wrote: »

Would have taken a 2-0 defeat before the game, but, perversely, I'm scunnered with a 2-2 draw!

Sorry to be thick but I have googled scunnered greentiger and still :think::think:

Can you tell me what it means please ?

The match reminded me of the saying never leave a game til final whistle .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Tweets~~Scunnered is a good auld Scottish word basically meaning cheesed off, not very happy.
    Actually sums up how I feel really well at present~~totally scunnered.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tweets
    beanielou wrote: »
    Tweets~~Scunnered is a good auld Scottish word basically meaning cheesed off, not very happy.
    Actually sums up how I feel really well at present~~totally scunnered.

Thank you beanielou I had never heard that word before .

Hope you are ok ?

No wonder greentiger was scunnered. I have been there watching football many a time :D.
  • maman
    greentiger wrote: »

I think it's the equivalent of sick as a parrot tweets .:D

I watched the game and being a neutral I thought Scotland players were much more fired up and interested in winning than the English. So I too was scunnered when the equaliser went in. That being said there were mixed emotions as The Ox was 'one of our own ' and Wee Gordon our former manager who took us to FA Cup Final.

Didn't think Rashford had a very good game tweets . I think most of England team would have preferred to be on holiday.

Pilau rice was good. Very mse and syn free! If I do it again I might add more salt and pepper but that's personal taste. Feeling stuffed now and all for about half a syn!:)
  • tweets
    maman wrote: »
    I think it's the equivalent of sick as a parrot tweets .:D

I watched the game and being a neutral I thought Scotland players were much more fired up and interested in winning than the English. So I too was scunnered when the equaliser went in. That being said there were mixed emotions as The Ox was 'one of our own ' and Wee Gordon our former manager who took us to FA Cup Final.

Didn't think Rashford had a very good game tweets . I think most of England team would have preferred to be on holiday.

Pilau rice was good. Very mse and syn free! If I do it again I might add more salt and pepper but that's personal taste. Feeling stuffed now and all for about half a syn!:)

I watched the game only was supporting England but felt sorry for Scotland. I agree Rashford was rubbish.

I had SW quiche for tea with baked beans . Just hoping scales are :) tomorrow and not :( .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure