Have more than one bad credit CC?

Options
I don't want 100s (if fact I don't want any) but do you think having two bad credit CCs (like Aqua Classic and Capital One Classic) would help improve my credit rating more than just having one of these?

I've been approved for an Aqua Classic and wondering if I should stick with just that or get one more. My credit score is very low as I don't pay energy bills nor have any credit cards as well as a default (which comes off next year) and a delinquent account (which could be with me for the next 5 years!).

Comments

• One. No more.

What's the delinquent account for? Are you in a position to settle it? If you settle it, can you negotiate with the lender to remove the default? (Some will, some won't, costs nothing to ask).
  • krazyk
    krazyk Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    One is fine with me. :-) I have so few bills anyway I would struggle to put more than 2 on each. And even then would struggle to get to £50.

It's settled (closed) that's what it means by delinquent according to Experian who I asked this about. I had no choice as cahoot closed it as it was idle for so long. There was no explanation this would then stay on my record for 6 years so very disappointed with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure