similar to Approved foods

I came across this company which sells close to /out of date healthy foods.
http://lovehealthhatewaste.com/

Comments

• judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks - looks interesting, but with delivery at £6.99, probably not worth it - although delivery is free with orders over £50 if you can find stuff to that value that you want.
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    part of the MSE email this week:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/love-health-hate-waste

I have ordered from them - expected delivery today (Friday) it's 4pm and have had no contact from LHHW or delivery company. LHHW has no phone number and has not replied to email.

Has anyone else ordered from them? Does anyone have more contact details?
  • Seakay
    I ordered at 5.30pm on 28th and was having opted for the quickest option (cost £8.99) expected delivery today:

Express 24 Hour (SND) Expected on Friday: £8.99

I have heard nothing, there is no phone number for the company and I don't know who the delivery courier is.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Let us know if your orders arrive and what it's like. If it's free delivery over £50 that makes it better than Approved Foods as their delivery is that price up to a certain weight.

If it was on the MSE email, maybe they're overwhelmed with orders?
  • greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've looked-up their company registration details & their address is given as
    Fusion Business Centre
    Magna Way
    Rotherham
    S60 1FE

Can't find a phone number, though.

I'm always rather wary of ordering from companies which don't give a physical address or phone number on their website. Presumably MSE checked them out before including in the e-mail.
  • Seakay
    received this message via Facebook at 18.54 on Saturday:

"Hi Caroline. I'm sorry to hear of the delay on your order. An email was sent out on the 28th to all customers advising that the lead times advertised on the website were incorrect (our developers literally only introduced this late on the 27th and it had inaccuracies which were only picked up on the 28th) - so apologies if you did not receive this. I can confirm your order has been processed and should be arriving with you on Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest next week. I did go to refund your shipping charge for the inconvenience but I noticed that this had already been deducted via the Money Saving Expert code used. I would therefore, instead, like to extend a 10% discount to your next order with us should you choose to purchase from us again in future. Very sorry again for the miscommunication and the slight delay"

I replied:

" "Slight delay" is and interesting way of describing three or four days after promised delivery. I ordered at gone 5pm on 28th so do not accept that there was any reason for your website to still contain inaccuracies. In fact it currently states that all orders are dispatched within 24 hours and that 24 or 48 hour delivery options are available for an enhanced rate. I used the MSE code to get a reduced cost on a premium delivery option. As I have not received this premium delivery option, but in fact am worse off as I am now told delivery will happen as it normally would if a standard rate were paid, but if I had chosen this then I would have paid less anyway AND I would not have wasted two days hanging about waiting for a delivery and receiving NO contact from you, NOR would I have spent upward of 4 hours searching for ways to contact you and writing emails and messages. I do not know where you sent the email you claim to have sent to me but it certainly wasn't to my email address.
    I not only want the cost of express delivery refunded to my Paypal account but compensation for the time that you have caused me to waste, and the stress which I have been caused by the worry of not knowing If i had given information to a fake organisation, not knowing if I could leave the house without missing a delivery, not knowing when or if the delivery would arrive at all and the distress which this has caused me (leading to loss of sleep, headaches and other anxiety symptoms)."
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    greyfox wrote: »
    I've looked-up their company registration details & their address is given as
    Fusion Business Centre
    Magna Way
    Rotherham
    S60 1FE

Can't find a phone number, though.

I'm always rather wary of ordering from companies which don't give a physical address or phone number on their website. Presumably MSE checked them out before including in the e-mail.

Physical address and email are on the "contact us" page
    https://www.lovehealthhatewaste.com/contact
    but I agree that not giving a phone number makes them look a bit "dodgy"
  • Seakay
    also, I've emailed them 3 times, twice via website and once to email address directly and received no reply at all. They have now Tweeted to indicate that MSE discount means that 24 hour delivery promise doesn't count and "emailed to your inbox" means "replied to your Faceboook message" even though Facebook message wasn't sent until after they supposedly replied to email.
    Basically they seem very shifty, are not answering questions, are making excuses which do not apply to the situation and are making untrue statements about their website and ther actions.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Similar experience to Seakay - ordered on 28th, on 24 hr service. Confirmation said expected Friday. Heard nothing since. No delivery, no comms.

Can see from twitter they are claiming they sent emails out warning of 'delay' - but I didn't get one.

Have found their facebook page which gives more detail - but as they don't have a link to fb from their website it isn't an obvious place to look!

Their website, which IS the obvious place to look, makes no mention at all. Indeed it still says orders are dispatched within 24 hours.

Not impressive - indeed the whole scheme seems rather incompetent: Their promo via MSE led to a spike in orders - which seems to have surprised them. They allowed that promo to include 24hrs delivery - which was, to put it mildly, unwise They've broken their stated commitment to 24 dispatch and 24 delivery - but they still claim this on their website. And their comms with customers are, as far as I'm concerned, completely non-existent.

I'm guessing they are having a stressful Monday morning in the office today...
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    They are offering a sort of compensation - according to their statement here:
    http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f12a57ab95b69401faa749f4e&id=f61a450204

But as that offer requires the customer to tweet a picture of the delivery it seems more like them trying to get twitter promotion rather than apology.

And as the 'reward' is freebies in your 'next order' many, including the Zanderman household, won't get it as we won't be ordering again!

Not really compensation at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport