advice needed

Options
13»

Comments

• Hope you are getting the single persons ct discount hw Dave. It might just be worth checking you are not entitled to any ct benefit now you are working part time. I don't know how long your injury has been ongoing would you be entitled to pip? Might be worth a look at the descriptors to see.
  • katiepoppycat
    Options
    I do surveys on various sites, and try to trade them in for amazon vouchers. In a couple of years I managed to get about £500 worth. Used that to pay half of buying an ISE British made washing machine with a 10 year parts and labour guarantee. So thats £4.16 per month for my washing maching if it turns it's toes at the 10 year mark which I really hope it won't!

In any case, if you are working part time I would definitely recommend doing survey sites - there are some good articles on them on this site. Even if you treat is as fun money or use the vouchers to give as gifts, it's not coming out of your budget.
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    But you are still liable for council tax, and pay the council direct?

You have the right to ask for payment over 12 months. There will be details on your council's website and (in very small print) on next month's renewal notice.

Thanks Fatbelly

Nice idea there,will look into that,cheers!!
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 February 2016 at 10:43AM
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Ok you are on a mobile home site, is there really no fee for that ? I can't see anything in the area for rent, mortgage and similar.

The OP has documented the pitch fee in the SOA .....£146.90
    Presuming Op has paid for their mobile home.
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The OP has documented the pitch fee in the SOA .....£146.90
    Presuming Op has paid for their mobile home.

Oops my bad I was expecting to see it under rent/mortgage/management charge but see he added it as a seperate new entry "pitch fee".

I'll remove my original. :o
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Hi
    Went to see CAB and done their assesment,I don't qualify for benefits as such,as I am working a 6hr 24hr contract and my nett income is relatively high.
    I get single person discount thats at £68 .00 already.

My knee and hip injury has been ongoing since March last year.Recently had another steriod injection to the left hip this time,the right one was done in August last year

I will be speaking to my council beneift section,with my budget,to see if there is any financial help available

Applied online vi the councils website got rejected,on the ground of my income and hrs worked.But when i rang them I was told it didn't include my outgoings etc.
    So its worth a go,I think
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Hi

Yes I own the mobile home,but as this is a council owned park,I pay the pitch fee,to the council
  • hard_working_dave
    Options
    Ok quck update,I have cleared one of my credit cards,which has £125.00 outstanding,my other one a store transfer to a zero interest deal Barclaycard is been reduced by £200 now.
    Really started to make headway on my budget,now I am on a part time income.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure