Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    I've talked dh through my notes, small, and he's typed them up. (I have yet to see them but he does have a lot on his plate at the mo, and I could probably search them out as they are on 'the system', no doubt in a very logical place...). Last night we talked numbers and have ended up with his max - still less than suggested here - but a workable compromise.

We'll very much need to see what their long-term plans are. They are here for 4 years but I don't think they'll want to buy anywhere as I reckon they'll go back down under. (where, by the way, dsd2 has been offered a sponsorship by her current job, so she may well set up down there. Well done dsd2!)

Now, are they 'planning' on staying with us for 12 months, 4 months.... No idea. And that's what we'll need to unearth as it will affect their job hunting radius.

So, much more settled about that. But enormously aware of the loss of freedom. For things like not washing up until 10 mins before dh comes home. Or leaving the shopping spread out on the kitchen floor as a trip hazard until I feel like putting it away. For allowing dd's toys to s p r e a d out across the floor, just leaving a narrow path to walk through... For exercising in my undies!

Hmmm, maybe the discipline will do me good!

Anyhow, today it is RAINING. Am rather glad that dd isn't doing football as it is loud and heavy rain.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Just paid over £5 to TT my account. And then £111.31 from claimed money from work. Nearly at my s t r e t c h target and we are not yet in the middle of the month. Smug face is on. The second half is usually about not spending, if poss, tho summer hols change that.
  • apple_muncher
    Just lost a post! Didn't even dither much over it either.

Have just played with the calculator and after taking off this month's usual paymeny and dividing the rest by 40 - to take us up to the end of 2018 - the amount per month is the 'usual' from thr joint account + the 'usual' from me + only £100 extra. Achievable. Happy!

Without the extra 100, the time frame shifts to 43+ months.
  • Good news...and maths skills.x
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you! Spread sheets scare me so I scribble on here so as to have it written down somewhere other than the back of an envelope!
  • They scare me too.
  • apple_muncher
    Glad I'm not alone!

Turns out that dh's 'written up notes' consist of 4 headings. But you gave me back my notebook? Yes, I didn't want to keep it and have to explain that I'd not done it!!

So today:
    - write up the notes!
    - swim?
    - sort out returning marking via parcelforce - can it be done by Friday...
    - meet friend for coffee this pm?
    - packing lists for going away
    - wrap dh's presents
    - workout
    - wash up
    - sweep
    - put clothes away (did 2x loads yesterday and the weather meant I had to drape them round the upstairs in order to dry them; dss + gf return this evening so I need to clear their room)
  • apple_muncher

So today:
    - write up the notes! :T
    - swim? :eek: - dodgy tum, not safe to venture far afield!
    - sort out returning marking via parcelforce - can it be done by Friday...
    - meet friend for coffee this pm? :( - she had to cancel, and I'd have cancelled anyway.
    - packing lists for going away
    - wrap dh's presents
    - workout :T done before I felt too ill
    - wash up
    - sweep
    - put clothes away (did 2x loads yesterday and the weather meant I had to drape them round the upstairs in order to dry them; dss + gf return this evening so I need to clear their room)

Am decidedly not right and unable to leave the house just yet... Dd is fine, as is dh. The only thing I can think of is that I swilled out dd's beaker that had had her bedtime milk in, and had some water from it last night. I don't drink milk, although I consume lots of dairy products, so it must be that. Drinking anything causes pain when it reaches my tum. But I'm still drinking!

Dd has watched Toy Story 3 and is playing happily. She was miffed when I said I couldn't take her for a swim, but I'm unhygienic!

The Rules are written up :D. The workout was Do It Hands Free: [FONT=&quot]18x10/40: Low jack; get up; jack; 1 leg glute raise on sofa L; R; jack; flying jump lunge; jack; leg raise + hip lift. Cool down.

[/FONT]
  • apple_muncher
    A level results been and looked at.

Then dd and I went for a quick swim. I asked them about my card and they seemed happy that it was all ok! So I splashed out on another £1.40 from the swim budget :D. It was busier today so we spent the time in the big pool. Have checked the local leisure centre for holibobs and it won't break the bank to swim whilst away.

On exitting the pool, we got soaked through - it was the sort of rain that makes you laugh, it is soooo heavy! We needn't have bothered drying ourselves!

Now home and in dry clothes. Dd has a little friend due soon and I plan to keep knitting.

Dss + gf are here and pottering about - they were in Poland and 35 degrees just 24 hours ago...
  • apple_muncher
    2 monsters stuffed and sewn up, 1 more to go and then all 3 can fly to my friend's kiddies.

Have started on packing lists but may add another jumper or 2 after today's weather... And extra books. And extra wool.

Dss + gf think the rules are ok. Have given dss the number we ended up with. They are now ensconced (sp?) on devices, updating cvs and researching 'stuff'. They are not youngsters, naive and inexperienced. And there is a myriad of variables - hours/days at uni; job hunting; car (I spluttered at this one!!!); where to consider living - depending on where job(s) are. I mentioned that if dss took the train to uni daily, and gf was working in Victoria, then they'd lose at least £520+ of any income. But if they lived along the coast from uni, he can catch a bus there!

They're not looking to buy property in the UK and will ultimately return to Oz.

Soon be feeding time for the littlies, I'm on big person cooking so it is AGCJ's Spring Piggy followed by stewed apple + berries + cream.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback