PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• Some more rubbishy bits thrown from room and also an old backcombing brush, a broken torch, and 2 ripped and bleach stained tops I used to wear when I dyed my hair.

Not too sure why I still had the tops as I haven't dyed my hair in nearly 2 years! :eek: I already told myself just weeks after the last dying session that I wasn't going to dye my hair again any time soon and I have given my room lots of once overs in that time so that one's beyond me...
  • Posting last night inspired me to venture into my study/craft room to look for a new notebook to replace my current, almost full one. I make notes a talks, professional development events, meetings etc that I go to, then they sit in a notebook for years and never get looked at again. I went through 10 old notebooks going back 4years and pulled out anything that I might use again, the rest went in the bin. I still have 8 empty notebooks and travel journals! And 4 half full travel journals. I found lots of old photos too that I started sorting through, and will add to my album this weekend.

Today I am working on my sewing supplies, I have so many embroidery threads, half finished projects, fabric, random craft supplies for projects I will never start. I want to donate them to the museum project I volunteer for so they are actually used.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Going great guns on the decluttering everyone. Here's an update from me:

45 – Giant key Freegle
    46 – Green material Freegle
    47 – Paper model Freegle
    56 – 9 picture frames CS
    61 – 5 Cookery books CS
    72 – 11 old frames – glass recycled, wood for kindling
    73 – Chair project – freegle
    74 – Old paper tablecloth – turned into firelighters
    75 – Stilton pot – from neighbour CD
    78 – Old cds -recycled
    79 – lanyard CS
    80 – Candle holder CS
    81 – furniture making book CS

And I've audited the freezers and am eating out of them as much as I can - also being very fussy about marking the meals off the list - I see I've taken 12 things out of the freezer and only put back 3. So that's working. The aim is to empty and defrost and leave it empty until autumn ready for new produce.
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    ohh a bit late to the party but would love to join! am new to the forums (long time lurker) and am finding these challenges along with posting most days, really motivating!

1: Finished a moisturiser and popper the tube in recycling - one more gone from the stash!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • Please can I join? I seriously need a decluttering and keep putting it off. I'm hoping this kind of challenge will keep me on the straight and narrow! I am trying to add something new to my routine so every time I go upstairs from downstairs or vice versa I remove some clutter or put something back where it belongs.

Hope I am not to late to join.
    Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they are dealing with
  • 84. – 85. Bath Fizzers
    86. book
    87. -89. Dresses
    90. Toy
    91. Spoon rest
    92. – 93. Toiletry gift sets
    94. necklace
    95. baking tray
    96 – 97. handbags
    98. face wash
    99. dress
    100 – 113. Beauty samples
    114. -115. Body lotion
    116. baby blanket
    117. -119. Baby clothes
    120. -123. Bibs
    124. teether
    125-126. toys
    127. skin primer
    128. ice cube tray
    129. -130. Face cloths
    131-132. hair clips
    133. oven glove (got rid of this after my 2 year old - of all people - pointed out that I didn't need two!)
    134. handbag
    135.-136. Toys
    137. lip brush
    138-140. baby clothes
  • somerandom wrote: »
    91. dvd sold

92. DVD - gift
    93. pencil case set - gift
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 January 2017 at 12:15AM
    Welcome aboard,everyone-you are all welcome.It is fantastic to have you join us.This is a great thread,and certainly I find it motivating.
    Don't forget to drop in and let us know how it is all going :j.

163:In between bouts of playing that ever popular game, Mum's Taxi, this afternoon/evening,I decluttered my second box of papers.Mostly old mail.I found one piece enclosing a Tesco fob and clubcard,dated 2011 :eek:,a couple of school reports (to be kept,of course),eye test results for various family members (should I keep these?),and lots more assorted rubbish,as well as some stuff to be filed.

So now my front window cill,which did look very untidy with TWO baskets of unwieldy paperwork,is much better.In a minute I might even give it a dust and polish.Over 2 days I have decluttered 2 wicker baskets of paper,and put the "keeps" into one (the one with a lid,of course :rotfl:).

I also set aside a couple of items for donation,which I will list when they leave the house.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• kscour
    kscour Posts: 665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Didn't get much done yesterday but decluttered the larder so:-

26 - 28 3 jars of opened stuff that I know we won't use

there were also some unopened items from when dd2 was home that won't be used in a hurry so I think I shall donate them to the local food bank now while they still have a good date on them - i'll count them when they actually leave the house :)
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    118. Molton Brown hand cream bottle used up. Lasted ages and have replaced with another scent from my stash.
    119-123. Dead bras
    124-125. Clothing returned
    126. Top for rag bag
    127-129. More OOD food binned
    130. Vitamin bottle finished, recycled
    131. Fairy liquid bottle finished, recycled
    132. Junk mail recycled
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
This discussion has been closed.