Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    altojack wrote: »

Red onion & cheese baps at Lidl, none to be seen again and didn't look as though there was a space for them :eek:

Have Lidl stopped selling these, does anyone know please? :)
    xx

I've only ever seen the cheese topped ones aj.....lovely with homemade soup:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    elliemoo wrote: »
    Good afternoon all.

The Olympics have been on here night and day since it started, we have heard great commentary, pretty mediocre commentary, random talk, random information and time filling but the team covering the marathon have not stopped complaining about the "organisation" since it started. I know it is a long run but if they have nothing positive to say why don't they just shut up. Sorry :(

Some of the commentary has been dire:o

I don't know why the BBC thinks that because someone was good at their sport that they would make a good commentator:o

I've been amused at the barely disguised flirting between mark foster and Rebecca adlington :eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    GO Justin. :j:j:j
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    Off to my usual haunt of Brugge.

He'll be in all those nooks and crannies:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I do think TBG (which uses three Ms) is going to be missing lots of branded items. When I use three, I have lots of items missing. Take a look at these - potential Tvs M items (given that A has gone OOS:mad:) - it looks like nine potentially £1.49 vs £1.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?query=mackays+340g&store=Tesco

I have four of them from twice as many stores:rotfl::rotfl:. I don't know where the others are! Twelve:eek: of them at least, apparently, in M!

Nonetheless, yesterday was a bit of a 'scattergun' and I didn't have my eyes open as much as I usually do to see everything. So they may have been there but not noticed.

And - just from a few stores in Cheshire yesterday:

Mehran Chaat Masala (100g) - 19p RTC (Middlewich). Long date again, I don't know why.

I have some Beach Towels at £1.50 in Congleton.

And Heinz Burger Sauce (875ml) - online showing £2 in Iceland, there are some on RTC £1.50 at M Chester. Price generally in M is £2. (Not that I have them in many stores:rotfl:.) Also Heinz Smokey Baconnaise 875ml at same prices.

May be some more later.
    M Mixed Peel (200g) at 39p RTC stock in Ellesmere Port.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Finally managed to get a Krispy order to go through. Took me about 90 minutes :eek:

I don't know how everyone's going to eat all those doughnuts:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    If it's to bulk it out bcw I would tend to use onions and lightly cooked lentils rather than oats. Sun dried tomatoes are a nice addition too:)

Have never tried sd tomatoes, have a jar in the fridge so will add some next time, another useful bulking addition is grated carrots, they kind of disappear and add a nice sweetness too. :)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Had a bit of a clear out today. 3 years out of date:eek:

Goodness knows why I've been keeping them but needed to make some space and declutter.

9B0DA02F-AF06-49B9-B537-B8079CA40EF6_zps9kozytxi.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    Blimey, sitting in the bar on the ship, and 2 armed police have just walked past, never seen that before.

Somebody has reported something metal and heavy in a suitcase:o:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Actually I'm not sure about the usefulness of having a lot of items with store specific reductions on the list. There will be different items in each store and best just seeing what you have in yours (that doubtless I am missing unless I have visited your store). Nonetheless, I'll keep it going for now:rotfl:. It will just be whatever happens to be available.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure