Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good evening, a beautiful night here, just popped in to say thanks scamps I have just placed an order with Krisp , I actually filled a basket this morning but couldn't check out so when we came home this evening the basket was still there and only one item oos , code worked too so hopefully they will deliver:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Msm once again letting us know the best prices! £1.14 in M - however I notice they have been £1.09 before (in S!:eek:), so I'll wait for them to go down a bit lower.

Fox's Speciality Brandy Snaps (100g)

Store_3.15px.png
    £1.30 £1.30 / 100g

• Store_1.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_2.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_8.15px.png
      ---
    • Store_7.15px.png
      ---
    Expensive for the amount, if you ask me. People would do better getting a packet of biscuits.
  • Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Birds Eye Steamfresh Peas (400g) 50p in M.

However, don't make a special trip - I suspect most of you won't have any luck.

Saw the sel 2 weeks ago, none on shelf then.

Today I saw Morries 600g Cumberland sausages ( frozen) 50p
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    Off to my usual haunt of Brugge.

Have a lovely time, love brugge.

Off out for a meal for my birthday, going to Dylans in Criccieth, if anyone has been, supposed to be really nice.
  • Savvybuyer
    If I can interest you with a price crunch on the Pringles tortillas...

Now £1.98, down from £2.48:rotfl::rotfl:.

Thought not - they go down to £1 offer prices! So, go for a price crunch and pay nearly twice as much!!:eek::rotfl::rotfl:

This is the versions except for the Tortillas Original. They were onto £1 RTC and I assume that, if they are anywhere, they will still be at £1.

The last stock I saw disappeared three months ago. I doubt they are anywhere now. Which is surely a sign that they are preparing imminently to reappear on me:rotfl:.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 14 August 2016 at 7:32PM
    Saw the sel 2 weeks ago, none on shelf then.

Today I saw Morries 600g Cumberland sausages ( frozen) 50p

I'll add them to the list. Not seen any indication of those at all:rotfl::rotfl: - clearly a dozen stores are totally inadequate!

If it's any consolation, I saw no stock of the peas either. I suspect somewhere will have them, with no SEL or SEL at full price. (This is why, although I've added them to Avs M:wall:, I see no chance of them working. The collectors may have been in your store and picked them up two weeks ago but no SEL there now so have gone N/A. They may be in my store now but very unlikely. Or, more likely, they are in neither of our stores and most likely have all six of their stores no trace. I've had two sets of six stores before and found no trace of the peas! I didn't even become aware of them until now - and then just one store, from more than six! Likely to be N/A on the APG (or full price from Ms that have stock, because they haven't changed the SEL). And we just don't know at what time, if at all, the peas at 50p SEL hit a collection store. And then possible Thursday to Sunday and sold out and SEL gone - in other words, never picked up:( as the SELs are not in existence on the collection days Monday and Wednesday.)

I don't think the Annabel Raisins at M 84p will work either as they are also just a random one-hit on an RTC that the collectors are unlikely to have.

I did find evidence of the Bisto meals at 77p again - no stock but just the Beef Lasagne and Spaghetti Bolognese once more. I suspect the Cottage Pie and two Hotpots also went to 77p (and if they are still anyway, will still be on that price) as those three have vanished completely on me. I also came across the Low Low frozen meals - they went onto 77p and, indeed, that turns out to be an RTC. I only have the same four that I already have. So, I don't know of any more. Reminds me I went through several stores only to get the same versions of a particular product some months ago - kept getting the same two and didn't see any more - checked msm and found there was an additional one that I didn't have:rotfl:.

I have a list (yes another one:D) of the 'New' M own label frozen meals - I suspect that old versions of these may exist and, if so, if they are anywhere, will be on somewhat cheaper RTC prices:

M Shepherd's Pie 400g
    M Cottage Pie 400g
    M Beef Lasagne 400g
    M Chicken Chow Mein 400g
    M Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken 400g
    M Pulled Pork Brisket in Bourbon 310g
    M Beef Dinner 400g
    M Chicken Dinner 400g
    M Chinese Pork Mini Ribs 340g
    M Spaghetti Bolognese 400g
    M Spaghetti Carbonara 400g
    M Chicken & Tomato Pasta Bake 400g
    M Chicken Hotpot 400g
    M Beef Hotpot 400g
    Plus ones that are on my list (as buy in M now) that I have found to be on RTC according to SELs.

Basically, best just go to your M and if you have any old stock (probably of just one or two products:(), you will have it - otherwise, like the vast majority of places it seems, you'll only have the more expensive new stock.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Happy Birthday Sarah :bdaycake: enjoy your meal
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mhoc, I think it is for couple membership and you get the voucher for £20 to spend in NT shop. NT were really good when I contacted them and asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade to family membership, bthey upgraded me for free.
    Even if you are already a Times subscriber, you should ring up and ask to cancel and rejoin straight away to get the deal, they did it there and then for us. Good luck:)

do you have just weekend membership or all week Times subscription?
    do they give you a physical voucher for NT membership or a discount code? So you can join online or does it have to be over the phone?
    I can see you can have x number of weeks for holidays - you send that weeks vouchers back and do they extend your year or do they reduce the next months direct debit?
    also I can see Taste membership is included as well
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Naebbirac wrote: »
    You need to pinch out the growing tips on the ends of the branches. This will encourage side shoots from the base of the leaves to grow and then they too will flower. They are also hungry plants due to the volume of flowers they produce so they need feeding. I feed mine twice a week with a tomato food or Miracle grow. A hungry plant will produce flowers but they will be a lot smaller and less brightly coloured. Hth :D

Afternoon all. Hope all are well. Flying visit from me as DH is taking me to Aldi soon. Still hobbling and unable to drive yet.:( Having physio now and they're planning to do acupuncture next week.

Ssm, love your ring. So glad that you finally got it, you've waited so long.
    DM enjoy your hols.

Hugs to those in need.
    N x

Thank you N for the top tip tip:D. I have done them and will let you know if there's an improvement:)

Recovery seems slow for you. Bet you are fed up:o

It's a shame it's happened over the summer as it never feels as bad being cooped up on a cold winter day. Fingers crossed the acupuncture works for you N:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all has anyone ever mixed porridge oats in with mincemeat to make burgers if so any recipes

If it's to bulk it out bcw I would tend to use onions and lightly cooked lentils rather than oats. Sun dried tomatoes are a nice addition too:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills