The next chapter ....

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    So far today I have done most of the things I was aiming to do; I have sorted things out for my student, collected ds friend, painted the first coat on my bedroom walls, chosen the carpet colour - am waiting to hear when they will be fitting it, painted a second dining chair and am about to do the second coat on the walls. I've also taken a few bits down to the garage and had a bath as I just feel so grubby while decorating. I want to try and get the other rooms straight again this evening and then take stock of where I'm at and what else needs to be done as I'm concerned time will rapidly disappear this holiday :o
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, I've put my bedroom furniture back to normal this morning, Mr S is going to paint the skirting boards etc when he comes round next but at least for now I can get to my clothes and stuff again :)

Thought I'd write myself a list for today, it includes:
    • Ds haircut
    • Ds homework x 1
    • 2 trips to the garage with stuff
    • paint another chair
    • clean lounge windows
    • measure & order a blind for ds bedroom
    • Call someone to fix front door
    • Sand airing cupboard door
    • Sand inside hall cupboard door

Anything else is a bonus :D:D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I haven't quite stuck to the list - we did complete one homework, it was such a battle, I hate homework in the holidays :( I have also painted the third chair and made a start on the table legs. Then I decided the dog needed a trim and got carried away with it a bit :o

I've been feeling a bit yucky all day today, I think the constant smell of paint isn't helping. Ds has gone round to his friends, I need to go and collect him at 5.30.

Tonight I may get on with the sanding bits, at least I have a proper bed to sleep in again tonight :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Table and chairs are nearly done - another coat needed on the last chair, then a bit of scraping off where I've splodged over the edges :o then a layer of varnish, but overall am very happy with them, just not sure why it's taken me 10 years to get round to doing it - it'c cost me £14 for the paint and few hours, no excuses for putting up with ugly furniture so long!
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, day off yesterday from the decorating, I collected Mum from my Aunts and delivered ds to his other grandparents for the weekend.

Today I am meeting up with my best mate, no particular reason other than a girlie gossip and catch-up :)

Yesterday also happened to be payday, so I'm off to figure out the finances and move money to the relevant pots. Tomorrow Mr S is coming round to do the decorating bits he's sorting for me, today I want to give the last chair a final coat, get some cardboard boxes from somewhere so I can properly start to declutter which i think will make a big difference, and also start some proper cleaning.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Bank accounts checked, signature updated with wages put into savings, April is going to be a very careful month money-wise, I will be recording every penny spent, I have got into bad habits with spending bits here and there and I need to manage it a bit more carefully.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I've downloaded a basic budget app for my phone, maybe I'll remember to record spends on there as I've got a bit rubbish with writing it down. I'm also planning on using up some of the stuff from the freezer this month, I've been lazy recently and just keep buying more and more, the freezer is full, it's not a very big freezer but there is still plenty of food in there that can be used and save me overspending on food shopping for a bit. Ds still has loads of Easter eggs left so no need for choccy spending either ;)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Been at a friends for the day and had a lovely catchup, popped into tescos for a few fresh bits (£22) and have logged it on the app. I also need to add my £20 csa arrears onto my signature as I had my texxt today to say it's on it's way to my account :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, today is the main painting day, Mr S is coming round in a couple of hours so I want to make sure everything is sanded that needs painting and also have a bit of a tidy up as it's a bit messy again. Hopefully I'll see real progress today then it's a case of cleaning and sorting ready to wait for the carpets to come next week.

There's also the small matter of footie on this afternoon too :D
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, hope you're having a good day, haven't seen all of the footie results but unfortunately know how Bristol City are doing today, how Bournemouth do better.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family