Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Comments

• User1489
    User1489 Posts: 400 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Been reading this thread this morning, well done you! I'm new to all this and it's great to see so many people making the progress they wanted to. Motivating!
    Baby Step 1 - £1k Emergency Fund - COMPLETE
    Baby Step 2 - Pay off all debts except the Mortgage - £9,326 to go
    Baby Step 3 - Save 6 months of expenses into full Emergency Fund - £4,300 to go

Baby Step 4 - Put 15% into Pension
    Baby Step 6 - Pay off the Mortgage early
    Baby Step 7 - Live like no-one else :D
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 March 2016 at 10:34PM
    20's is so exciting. His long till the 10's...and I know that you know without looking...

Happy I'm giving the impression, I know what i'm doing :eek: but Sorry to disappoint - I don't have a clue - I just used Sue's linky, played with the figures until I worked how much I would need to o/p each month to finish the mortgage by 29.2.20, and like yourself, very well aware of how circumstances can change suddenly, so I just take it month by month ending each month with a quote "on target" if I am.

I actually have a confession - Sue if you are reading this - hide your eyes and cover your ears :rotfl: or maybe that should be cover your eyes and hide your ears :rotfl:

I don't have a spreadsheet - there I've said it.

Haven't a clue on how to start one, set one up etc,etc :o but I'm still getting there, (I hope).

Been reading this thread this morning, well done you! I'm new to all this and it's great to see so many people making the progress they wanted to. Motivating!

It's is really motivating, so get yourself a Tilly Tidy account and start o/p, but it should come with an "addiction" warning, cause once you start - you'll be addicted - you have been warned :naughty: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ps Must apologise, for the rants and waffles in my diary :o

A big thanks to everyone for cheering me on - feel quite chuffed with myself now :beer:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Waffles are the best! And prattles and witterings :rotfl:
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    Waffles are the best! And prattles and witterings :rotfl:

Still to come (in the next 4 years) .... prattles and witterings :rotfl:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Ditto! And looking forward to them!
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy I'm giving the impression, I know what i'm doing :eek: but Sorry to disappoint - I don't have a clue - I just used Sue's linky, played with the figures until I worked how much I would need to o/p each month to finish the mortgage by 29.2.20, and like yourself, very well aware of how circumstances can change suddenly, so I just take it month by month ending each month with a quote "on target" if I am.

I actually have a confession - Sue if you are reading this - hide your eyes and cover your ears :rotfl: or maybe that should be cover your eyes and hide your ears :rotfl:

I don't have a spreadsheet - there I've said it.

Haven't a clue on how to start one, set one up etc,etc :o but I'm still getting there, (I hope).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and you my friend :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Whatever work for you is the way to go :D:D
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    I don't use a spread sheet either - i just give them a call.

So my ding dong with the mortgagor is progressing well and they have confirmed that the last people I spoke to were incorrect in the information that they gave me! Yay a bank is wrong!

Is that a first?

Everyone have a good rest of the day...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    So my ding dong with the mortgagor is progressing well and they have confirmed that the last people I spoke to were incorrect in the information that they gave me! Yay a bank is wrong!

Is that a first?
    If they've admitted it, yes :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They'll work it around to them being wrong as someone else was wrong beforehand which made them wrong (that makes sense in my head at least).
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm enjoying reading your diary AFK.. lovely reductions :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback