Appeal against Dismissal

Hi
Wonder if you can assist please.
If I appeal against a dismissal at work and attend an appeal meeting with a higher boss, is there a time limit within which they should give me the result of my appeal? Also after I have been into work and gone through all the points for the appeal can they then ask me to go back a week later for further clarification " as a continuance of the appeal"?

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    pvsol wrote: »
    Hi
    Wonder if you can assist please.
    If I appeal against a dismissal at work and attend an appeal meeting with a higher boss, is there a time limit within which they should give me the result of my appeal? Also after I have been into work and gone through all the points for the appeal can they then ask me to go back a week later for further clarification " as a continuance of the appeal"?

Hi pvsol - as this is a dismissal question, we'd recommend that you contact your local bureau as soon as possible and get detailed, expert advice from them regarding your situation and possible next steps. You might also want to read through the section on Dismissal on our Adviceguide website, in advance of talking this through with an adviser.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure