Janey's Journey to Becoming a MFW

Comments

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hope the wedding planning is going well.
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow. Where did the week go?

Work is completely insane at the moment and there is no sign of it stopping. It's hilarious as I'm getting almost weekly e-mails from the NUT about teacher workloads...

I'm going to a course in London next week and really don't want to go - I like my home too much :) But I can't help but think of the money it might save us, or at least will when I get my expenses back !

18p Tilly tidy and that's about it.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend before it all starts again :(
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I know exactly how you feel - it's so busy all of the time. Looking forward to a monster lie-in tomorrow morning :o
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • ljaneyr
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Hope the wedding planning is going well.

Thanks for popping in :wave:

Planning is going well but I'm so fed up with work this week it's putting me off a bit this weekend :(
    I know exactly how you feel - it's so busy all of the time. Looking forward to a monster lie-in tomorrow morning :o

I slept in until 9:30 :eek::o
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • ljaneyr
    Well, it's highly boring at this end of the month. Nothing happening in the money department :o

We had our Notice of Marriage appointment this morning which is exciting, although I did almost burst into tears when asked about my dad. It only lasts about a minute but I haven't yet worked out how to stop it happening. Waterproof make-up on the day I think!!!

It's bloomin' brrrr here today. Snowing somewhere nearby apparently but no sign of it here. No ice either although only 1 degree according to the car. I've lit a fire so there are too very happy dogs lounging around downstairs!

I'm working this afternoon so better get on with all my little jobs :)
  • ljaneyr
    Evening all, it is so cold here but alas no snow!

Work is still insanely busy and next week looks to be worse. I really don't understand how management can be so totally blind to how we are all feeling :(

I'm snuggled up on the sofa with two hot dogs stretched out by the fire :D I've got to be up at 5am :eek::eek::eek: to fly to the big smoke and I'm worried about fitting all my stuff in a tiny case :o

Something like £5.08 123 cashback moved to the renovation column of the spreadsheet :T

Going to procrastinate a little on here before I start packing :)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have a good time!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Hope the course goes well. :)

Like you, I like being at home, so used to hate the thought of going on courses. But when I actually got there, I used to really enjoy it.

Exciting news about the Notice of Marriage appointment :j
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • ljaneyr
    I'm sooooooooo glad to be home :j

The course was fab - I'd even go as far as to say inspirational! Company was good as the teachers from a school in our 'area' were good fun.

Travelling is not my cup of tea though! Left at 6am, drove for an hour, waited at airport for 45 mins, sat on plane for an hour, rushed through gatwick, got on packed train and stood like sardine for another hour, repeated on tube for 10 more minutes - arrived late for start of course. It was even worse in reverse as we had 4 hours to kill at the airport :eek:

Did I mention I'm glad to be home? :o

£13ish interest transferred to renovation pot column of the spreadsheet :T

Still in bed :o:T:o:T
  • ljaneyr
    Mornin' :wave:

£1 Tilly tidy to ISA - I know that's not really a Tilly tidy but my diary, my rules!

Car is making a loud knocking noise when I go over bumps which is apparently a shock absorber thingemy. Just hoping it doesn't cost more that £80 to fix as that is the grand total of the car pot at the monent :eek:

Looking forward to the end of the month so I can do a savings summary. I will not wish my life away, I will not....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure