What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Options

Comments

• Doodlebug5
    Options
    I have just popped into Morrisons to drop off my music magpie box full of old dvds £10 coming my way.
    Dropped into the post office to post my voucher to zeek...£15 coming my way
    Spoke to NatWest on my over payment of my credit card and I'm in a credit balance so I've asked for that back £25

What else is on my to do list?
    - check we are on the best deal with virgin
    - sort the house out this weekend for starting to prepare to move
    - clear our kitchen cupboard and eBay anything that we don't use

I'm going to head over to the other boards on money making and see if I can make some more money somewhere.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2017 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Nice to see some new people joining us :wave:
    FVD, I have never seen a caterpillar on a courgette plant, and we have awful problems with the things here (tbh I am not a fan either, especially as most of the little !!!!!!! eat my plants :mad:) Don't be tempted to put them outside till the end of May though, as they are very tender and susceptible to frost. They grow fine in pots as long as you feed and water them enough, though they take a while to get going. One of the easiest things to grow :)

Today's list:
    No heating downstairs till wood burner time, as it is sunny and pleasant today :)
    Used up last of nasty shampoo when I washed my hair this morning - shan't buy that brand again! Weirdly, I find the really cheap Sainsburys basic or Lidls shampoos suit my hair best :huh:
    Dog walk (OH doing #2)
    Remember not to eat any rubbish and stick to diet :( A pain, but my clothes are getting tight again :mad:
    Pack and post 3 ebay items
    List a few more things
    Planted shallots and broad beans in the garden :j
    Shopping, did both Lidls and Sainsburys, which is a pain, but means I save money AND can get everything I want!
    Minimal cooking today, just jacket potatoes and cut a salad - plenty of yesterday's quiche left for OH and I tonight, and DS is going out.
    Onepoll surveys
    Sold 2 more ebay items :T

Hope everyone is having a good day :)
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 17 February 2017 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Hi all
    - £11.50 saved by purchasing vouchers through a work site for Morrisons and costa
    - Saved £2.96 in Boots as the moisturiser and cream I bought have 25% off. I got £1 worth of wombled loyalty points uploaded to my card, however she did say that you have to ask the cashier for a special code to be able to upload retrospective points! She did this as a one off. So might not have much luck with future wombled boots receipts.
    - 1p roadkill :-)
    - Co-op Salmon linguine meal YS £3.99 reduced to 99p
    - Ordered Clarks shoes from Charles Clinkard bagging 9% cashback - about £4 - Better rate of cash back than Clarks through topcashback.
    - checked out Aldi super 6, wrote a list and shopped at Home Bargains and Aldi.
    - FPL and a couple of Facebook comps
    - checked my driving license doesn't need renewing till 2010 but with a check.
    - iPoll annoying me at the mo keeps screening me out!
    LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Used up last of nasty shampoo when I washed my hair this morning - shan't buy that brand again! Weirdly, I find the really cheap Sainsburys basic or Lidls shampoos suit my hair best :huh:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this! I get either greasy hair or a flaky scalp from everything except those super cheap tea tree/raspberry/coconut cheapy shampoos. Budget win, at least!

I've made good progress on my own list
    - bake cake (to avoid giving into cafe demands from the children later). Chocolate cake with buttercream. Yum.
    - make wraps so our packed lunch is a bit more interesting. Surprisingly good! Miles nicer than bought ones.
    - scrape together enough cash from the change tin to pay for a bag of caster sugar as I forgot to buy it yesterday on my 'official' shop and I don't want to be tempted to buy more than just a bag of sugar when I nip to the shop. Darn, completely forgot about this, and used up all the change paying for car parking on a day out. Will have to steal a whopping 99p or so from next week's food budget.
    - open the windows to air the house for half an hour so I don't have to put the dehumidifier on later. Done!
    - update YNAB. Done!
    - Do at least an hour's work, and share on social media (this helps get new business in if I do it consistently). Have done the work, but didn't achieve anything social-media-worthy, annoyingly, so nothing shared. Will have to do better tomorrow.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

I am here, been a spendy week but I knew it would be as we have family visiting. One of our local village pubs does a cheap and cheerful menu on a Friday in winter so we went there tonight for tea, it was so good, 4 adult meals plus a drink each for £33 and the portions were good.

Tired and a bit fed up at the minute, just behind with everything and having a cold doesnt help. Will catch up a bit tomorrow.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Hi to the newbies and (hugs) to those not feeling great/coming down with colds.
    Feel like I haven't really accomplished anything today
    Mount ironing Everest still needs tackling:(
    Did get the dishwasher sorted, not enough to go on bec we ate out for tea-unplanned spend-really need to watch these, plus not good for waistline.
    Did sort out picking up cat litter for weekend and some fresh veg
    Recycling sorted
    Radiator shuffle done
    Banking checked
    Bought some birthday cards and picked up a lovely half price gift for Christmas that I'm tempted to keep for myself!!
    Taking my daughter to a visitor day at her chosen uni tomorrow. I will get expenses back for this. 4 hours of driving tomorrow:eek:
    Have a good weekend everyone:)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you to all the lovely courgette growers, Dawn, I won't put them out until May as I won't have bought them until May as I'm hopeless with seeds :rotfl: My back garden is all paved so everything is in pots but I'm thinking of putting them in a wooden planter that fills the gap where the pallet decking didn't quite make the full width of what it was supposed to cover. That also happens to be the sunniest corner so fingers crossed!

Re shampoo, I wouldn't recommend using it regularly but I like to wash my hair in washing up liquid for special occasions :rotfl: It's quite harsh but works like the expensive stuff you can buy to strip out all the 'product' build up. The brand leader of dandruff shampoos always gives me dandruff, my favourite shampoo is V0sene which reminds me of being a kid and luckily all the hip, young things at work turn their nose up at it in the sales so I grab it when very I get the chance! :)

I've cleaned down all the kitchen work tops and diced some potatoes for lunch tomorrow. I got a pack of free Parma ham this afternoon and I want to use it quick as it was in a warm office for a good while so I'm going to fry the potatoes and the ham (hopefully killing off any bacteria) and then scramble some eggs into it for lunch.

Two people were leaving work today and they did an official presentation of card/gift etc, I have instructed everyone that under no circumstances are they to do anything public for me (though a gift would be nice :rotfl:) They know I'm not kidding as I never tell anyone at work my birthday to avoid the whole cake/singing thing :o

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi treadingonplaymobile, I had a read of your diary the other night too, the title sucked me in but good to see you are making inroads already!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • LuckyPenny
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

DNMS - Sounds like a great day, enjoy!!

Welcome to TreadingonPlaymobil and allthe7s
    this is a lovely group and I hop you'll stick with us.

We're out this afternoon for a meal with DH's sister who didn't make it last week so will only need a snack later. My little list

Check Bank - Done
    Upload yesterdays receipts to COS - Done
    Clean/Tidy fridge and freezer -
    Meal plan for next week and write shopping list -
    Shopping with list -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x

Ziggy what's COS?
  • LuckyPenny
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hello Gang

Small things before I run off for the last school run for a week!

1. Continuing to build up a sensible self employment wages food stash. I'm aiming to have enough to cover 2 bad weeks ultimately. I am such a price geek that I spotted a fail on the per 100g price at Mr S on gravy. Essentially it showed that the smaller box was cheaper by 2p on 100g price. Which couldn't be right. Maybe I will point it out ;)

2. Now have £10 built up in nectar points which is the most I've ever had and not been tempted to spend :)

3. Did a live chat with the building society I am hoping to move the kids cash savings to. But it's a bit annoying. The building society they are currently in is closing and moving too far away to make it appealing. Plus the rate is terrible now 1.8%. The account I've found is 4% It it's one of these that you can't put all the money in right away, you have to drip feed £100 a month, and then the account closes after the year is up. Has anyone else done these kinds of things before? I was more hoping to find a good paying account to transfer both funds to and just leave it be.

4. CC statement arrived. 1 more month to go and we will have a nice clean £0 balance bill. Might frame it :)

5. Have a receipt to add on for a Toys r us purchase a few weeks ago where we didn't have the gold card. Have emailed them this morning.

6. OH is working from home so we are saving on travel today.

7. Keep checking new FD account. I am finding that card transactions are slow to show up. Is that normal anyone else who has FD?

8. Checked all my banking. Still waiting to hear if I have been approved for the 25 free business banking account I applied for a while back. They sent back the statements they'd asked for yesterday so fingers crossed. Will save me around £20 a month if so £240 per year of account!

9. Stripped the beds. 4 loads to do. 2 done. All washed in basics £1 powder and drying free/no tumble

10. Old company shareplan statement arrived and filed.

Have a good Friday all.

Bob
    Sorry what does FD stand for?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business