Interactive Drama Games

Options
So does anyone like the genre of "Interactive Drama"?

Weird name I know, some examples are Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, Life Is Strange, The Wolf Among Us, Beyond: Two Souls, etc.

I like how your progress is determined by decisions and feelings rather than skill with a weapon.
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

• ineed
    ineed Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do :), I've played through Heavy Rain and Life is Strange, I've played a few on DS and 3DS as well.

I like games where your ending is based on how you acted throughout the story, the Silent Hill games are good for this (although these aren't interactive drama games) as you have a number of endings with both good and bad outcomes and usually a joke ending as well.
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
  • bargain_hunter87
    Options
    They're re-releasing Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy on the PS4 this week. That's a classic interactive drama game from back in the day and from the same makers as Heavy Rain IIRC.
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    if you have a spare hour, play Her Story on Steam.
    You'd probably like To the Moon also (though you'll probably cry because of the feels!)
  • robthomas88
    robthomas88 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If the characters and story are engaging enough (Life is Strange) then yes. But the problem with Heavy Rain is it got lost in it's own story and tried to give you a big pay off with a twist ending that didn't really make any sense so it felt anti-climactic. It all comes down to the story, Telltale are the best.
  • Bridgford_Ram
    Options
    Not that new but Until Dawn on the PS4 is very good.
  • Savingsbythebell
    Options
    Yes! I've just started playing Life is Strange :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure