3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Hi DH, I will :)
    I plan on putting some stuff for sale on FB tomorrow.
    Also, my payday is 24th of every month. I'll pay myself first.
    It's hard, because at the moment I save £1500 a month for the move, stuff I will need for the flat etc. There's money in the nationwide regular saver that I intend not to touch, but I might have to.
    So I'll start properly once I moved :)
    car finance £1072/£8285 by sept 2018
    #188 £1000 EF £8.45/£1000
    3-6 months salary £80/£5000
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    No worries Grandad's Offspring .... We all move at our own pace and do what we can afford to do....It sounds like the Move is a big one....and I hope it goes well for you.....I look forward to hearing from you and letting us know how you went on and how you are going on with your Emergency Fund xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    #2 update......

added £196.93 today - this takes my new total to £6748.43 aka 77.57%....wey hey I've passed the three-quarters line :j :j :j

off to update my sig

Happy Friday People :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • -Selene
    -Selene Posts: 158 Forumite
    My monthly SO has gone in and topped up my EF to £573.27 :j Notmally the SO would have more than made up for the spend earlier this month, but I'm making reduced payments at the moment as I need to build up my £1k EF for car emergencies. I'll try to add a bit more next month to make up for it :)

Thank you to those who asked about the cat. He's doing well and should hopefully be fully recovered soon :D
    SPC - #483 [banked £134.15] - :staradmin :staradmin gold stars from Sue-UU!
    VSP - #33 [29.8%] | 3-6 Month EF - #41 [12.6%] | £1,000 EF - #186 [4%] | Save £6k in 2016 - #180 [24.6%]
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Oops! Still alive, I promise!

Fund now up to
    £2,158.63 / 4,600

47%! :j
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Everyone.... :)

A little later than usual....although I HAVE been awake since 2am...Been busy Online doing bits and pieces alongside Working.....So haven't had the chance to Update until now...

Nothing to Report from me....Apart from I think I'm having a better Week this past Week and feeling happy and positive this morning....Long may it last :D

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page hun....You are doing AWESOME!! Congratulations on going past the three quarters mark...that's AMAZING!! xXx :)

-Selene - I've Updated the First Page hun....You are doing AMAZING as well!! I'm glad that your Cat is doing well.... xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page for you too hun....You're really doing BRILLIANTLY!! Glad to hear that you're still alive xXx ;)
  • JCUK
    JCUK Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all, could I join please?

I'm new to MSE and so glad I found it. What a wonderful forum! I still have lots of roaming around and learning to do, but I am determined to get a grip on my finances and build myself an emergency pot.

My goal is £6000, which seems like a huge task! At the moment I've got £525 in an ISA and have set up a SO to add £50 a month on payday. I'd like to do more than that, but still have some debt on a 0% credit card I want to get rid of too.

You're all very inspiring! :-)
  • Dobbibill
    Hi JCUK,

Of course you can join. Everyone is welcome here. :hello:

Helen will add you to the first page and provide you with a number when she pops along.

You are doing really well already and you will have plenty of support and motivation on this thread. ;)

Welcome aboard :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• WatWing
    WatWing Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi!

Sounds like you're doing better Helen which is awesome.

£10 for me this week but I probably won't be back for a few weeks. After 5 months we finally exchanged and complete on the house on Tuesday!

Watwing
  • Dobbibill
    WatWing wrote: »
    After 5 months we finally exchanged and complete on the house on Tuesday!

Congrats Watwing, I hope the move and settling in goes well.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family