Quick question before I submit application

Hi so two quick questions...I'm just about ready to submit but scared to press the button!! Anyway after filling out forms online two changes occurred. Firstly I heard back from one of my creditors who I was in a dispute with who said they were clearing the balance but it could take up to 6 weeks for my credit report to reflect this. Do I leave this on and talk to the OR about it during my phone interview or remove it? Secondly I received a penalty notice from the county council for my daughters absence from school(she's now being home schooled so this was for the run up to it). Can I include this? It's for £60 rising to £120 after 21 days. It's not issued by the magistrates court. Thank you in advance for any quick responses.

Comments

• debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

Point 1 - Still include the debt on the forms, it really doesn't matter now whether they write it off or not.
    and
    Point 2 - This is a civil penalty, so can be part of your bankruptcy, however, payment of the penalty is potentially in lieu of prosecution and whilst bankruptcy can deal with the debt it does not interfere with a potential prosecution if the penalty is not paid. Short answer is that you run the risk of being prosecuted in the Magistrates Court if the penalty remains unpaid. Paying the penalty would not be a 'preference'.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure