Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Boxman wrote: »
    Oh how I laughed when I read that. Now 19 weeks since my switch date to another supplier and still no sign of a final bill and refund of credit. No sign of action from ombudsman since I referred the matter to them 5th January either, I'm beginning to despair.

Have been updating the relevent ticket on the Iresa site every 5 days or so requesting they sort it but get no response.

Have they acknowledged it at any point?

Forget the ticket system, send a letter, include a copy of your first bill from the new supplier (you only need to give them the page that has the opening readings). That seemed to get their attention in my case. I got an email from them the day it arrived. If nothing else it means they can't tell the Ombudsman that they don't have agreed reads to raise a bill against.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    molerat wrote: »
    Mine appeared this morning.

Upon checking , my interest for end Jan. has also appeared.
  • MM2002
    MM2002 Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Currently on hold to iresa (have been for 38 mins so far) Am on the flex4 fixed and that ends today. looks like flex5 is the only option, or move, but there seems to be not many that are much cheaper but this nightmare on hold to find my annual useage is a joke. I had raised a ticket on my login asking the question with no reply.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If you have been with them for a year surely it is quite simple to work out your annual consumption ?
  • MM2002
    Finally got through. Living in Bedford with an annual gas usage of 19200 and elec of 5160 it seems again theres not much saving to be had. Any suggestions gratefully received!!
  • Boxman
    Boxman Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Have they acknowledged it at any point?

Forget the ticket system, send a letter, include a copy of your first bill from the new supplier (you only need to give them the page that has the opening readings).

I had an e-mail from them on the 12th January: "sincerely apologise for the delay in resolving this issue for you. I have been in contact with the department dealing with this for you today and they have advised that if you can provide us a copy of your opening bill from the new supplier, we can generate a manual final bill for you." signed 'Mahad from the complaints team'.

Within the hour I sent them back a scan of the first bill from OVO showing the opening meter readings they were using from the switch date. Since then no communication of any sort from Iresa either by e-mail or an update on the open ticket on the website.
  • Finally got through. Living in Bedford with an annual gas usage of 19200 and elec of 5160 it seems again theres not much saving to be had. Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Comparethemarket.com (go for the option showing all offers) is showing annual savings of £44 for One Select and £33 for Breeze. I didn't look at all of the detail however.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Comparethemarket.com (go for the option showing all offers) is showing annual savings of £44 for One Select and £33 for Breeze. I didn't look at all of the detail however.

If you are coming off a fixed term contract, then ignore all savings. The Ofgem inflated cost methodology can result in a more expensive contract sitting side-by-side with a saving.

Going forward have a look at separate suppliers and suppliers that have a ‘friends and family’ referrals scheme. ‘Friends and family’ credits are not shown on PCWs. I have just switched to Octopus and my total electricity cost for the next 12 months will be similar to the Iresa deal that I took out 14 months ago.
  • MM2002
    Many thanks Hengus

I have done all the comparison sites and found minimal savings showing, and don’t believe it anyhow, every year save £xxx, every year costs go up, so your explanation is helpful! Will look at octopus! (Want to refer me for some Cashback?)
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Going forward have a look at separate suppliers and suppliers that have a ‘friends and family’ referrals scheme. ‘Friends and family’ credits are not shown on PCWs. I have just switched to Octopus and my total electricity cost for the next 12 months will be similar to the Iresa deal that I took out 14 months ago.

It is certainly worth looking at suppliers offering "Friends and Family" referral credits.

We have helped an older relative switch to Octopus Energy from Iresa and she has already built up enough credit (if they all go through OK) to cover her electric bill for the first year. We are also switching to Octopus, using her "Friends and Family" referral code.

It is worth looking at the MSE Referrals board for codes to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure