AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion

Comments

• Isiwizzi wrote: »
    Have been with Autoaid for about 5 years and progressively their service has become worse. Our accelerator cable broke and we phoned Autoaid to organise a callout advising them of the car's make, model and year of manufacture so the garage could bring a new cable with them to repair. They actually passed the Land Rover garage enroute to coming to see to our car. They turned up without any parts and just towed us to our local garage. I wrote complaining to the company and received no response. Will not renew.

Sorry but I had to laugh when I read this...who do you expect to buy the cable, Auto Aid. The local contractor or the guy driving the van.

Also why do you feel he should start a repair at the side of the road...You basically wanted a free repair and that's not what the breakdown service offers does it....lmao.

Ive used them for a couple of years now after having the bells and whistle packages with AA and to be honest the service from Auto Aid is spot on, had them out a few times for trivial stuff which would have costs plenty if having to call in a local mobile mechanic.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2018 at 6:31PM
    My policy expires in a couple of days.

Gave them a call to see if they can renew with the 15 month offer and they flat out said no. The guy on the phone said it's for new customers only. He said they class a new customer as someone who's not had a policy for 6 months.

I cannot see this 6 month requirement anywhere though. Seems odd to be running such an offer but leaving existing customers out in the cold, as some may well move on...
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    On another thread an existing customer has renewed using the 'new customer' link and their policy documentation says 15 months.

Whether they will do anything about it or not is another issue.

As an existing customer I intend to renew using the 15 month link as well to see what happens.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2018 at 11:46AM

I cannot see this 6 month requirement anywhere though. Seems odd to be running such an offer but leaving existing customers out in the cold, as some may well move on...

It does say new customer only when you click on the link.

If you have a spouse maybe they would buy it. They would then be the (new) customer
  • Quentin wrote: »
    It does say new customer only when you click on the link.

If you have a spouse maybe they would buy it. They would then be the (new) customer

Sounds good...spouse whilst covered under old agreement,hasnt had one in there own name so must be new customer.
  • RedMonty
    RedMonty Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I did see this so i went to check, when signing up it asks for "Spouse/civil partner/common law partner", when your surnames do not match it then prompts a box stating:

Spouse/civil partner/common law partner
    Please note that if your spouse/civil partner does not have the same last name as you, we need to see a copy of your marriage/civil partnership certificate before adding him/her to the policy. If you are in a Common Law Partnership you will need to provide proof of address or bank statement etc. confirming both names. An individual policy will be issued at this time, should you decide to continue with the application form. We will add your spouse/civil partner and issue a new set of documents as soon as we receive the copy of the certificate, which you can send via:

So i sent them a copy of her driving license, which was rejected as it did not have both our names on it. So i sent our car policy as that is a joint policy.

It looks like the FAQ's has not been updated to reflect they accept common law.

I also ticked this box for my common law partner (lived together 11 years, two kids together, jointly own our house), got the same box popping up as you. Went ahead, paid for the policy. Next day got an email with the full policy documents. We are both listed on the policy schedule despite having different surnames. No request for further documents with proof of address.

Hope policy documents are all valid.

ps. Yes I'm aware common law partner has no legal meaning. Would love a civil partnership, unfortunately it's for gays only.
  • HeyerFan
    HeyerFan Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Hung up my suit!
    I live on my own. Do you think I should let my policy expire and then use the link the next day to get 15 Months? Yes I know they are saying a 6mth break but if no-one can see that requirement stated anywhere? My renewal is £43.51 for 12 months.
  • Quentin
    edited 12 January 2018 at 3:06PM
    It is stated.

See #145

Nothing ventured etc. So give it a go though.
  • Spouse cover is a SHAM!

We recently joined as were enticed by the 'free spouse cover' however we are now having an awful time trying to get AutoAid to deliver their promises.

My partner and I have lived together for 32 years, have a grown up son and have lived in our current house for 17 years.

Having provided electoral role register and TV license documents they still refuse to provide the cover promised.

It's not worth the aggravation of dealing with AutoAid - I'd strongly suggest you avoid.
  • Quentin
    edited 23 January 2018 at 8:22PM
    Sounds as if you aren't spouses?? (TV licence?? No marriage licence?)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback