Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    wifey27 wrote: »
    ........ I'm aiming for £10 a day...
    Thanks wifey - I've updated the list :)

Well done all the money makers today :dance:

Been really busy today sorting out freezers, doing loads of batch-baking and then tackling the horrendous kitchen mess. Not made any monies though :(

Hospital phoned me today and have given me an appointment for my cataract op - Wednesday 2nd November. Sort of looking forward to it and not at the same time IYSWIM :o

Well done for sorting out the survey site CBC, with the help of Aesop. It's soo nice that we can occasionally help out each other on this thread without any nasty comments like you get on some threads. Glad the down-doers have left us alone so far :D

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Hospital phoned me today and have given me an appointment for my cataract op - Wednesday 2nd November. Sort of looking forward to it and not at the same time IYSWIM :o

I'm sure it will go ok - when my auntie had it she was like a new person afterwards - as the condition had developed over many years she didn't realise how bad her eyesight had become.

My moneysaving has completely dried up over the last few days, all I can claim is £2.70 (coupons used at supermarket), 20p (found on floor outside laundrette) and £1.90 (free coffee at work with loyalty card).

Total £4.80 to add to pot.
  • Quick update for me. £10 cashed out from panel base. Sounds like prolific academy might be worth a go though. I'll have to investigate :)
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quick update for me. £10 cashed out from panel base. Sounds like prolific academy might be worth a go though. I'll have to investigate :)

definitely, don't forget to use a referral from the referral thread board and leave yours too.
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £10.25 saved with some online coupons that I'd forgotten about.

115.33/310
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 11 October 2016 at 1:35PM
    lynnejk wrote: »

Well done for sorting out the survey site CBC, with the help of Aesop. It's soo nice that we can occasionally help out each other on this thread without any nasty comments like you get on some threads. Glad the down-doers have left us alone so far :D

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx

I know what you mean about the cataract op, Lynne. You'll be so glad you had it done and the op these days is a piece of cake:j. Eyesight is such a precious thing and I know how much you enjoy reading. It must be a real trial for you sometimes. I know how tiring I found reading for any length of time it when I only needed a stronger glasses prescription:o. When my Granny had her catarcts done donkey's years ago it involved an overnight stay in hospital but that may have just been precautionary as she was in her late 80s at the time. The procedure is so much better nowadays.

Like you say too, it's lovely when we can help one another on all sorts of subjects without fearing the scorn and nastiness that is definitely rife on some other threads. I shake in my shoes whenever I have to seek advice on the techie thread:eek:.
  • Hope you got your MS results submitted on time and without any hitches, Aesop. I was thinking of you today when I was having all sorts of problems with my internet. It's not the connection now BT have sorted it, it's just the numbingly slow broadband speed that we get here. The joys of living out in the sticks:mad:

Managed eventually to submit my final survey for the toiletry products I've been testing. They've been a joy to use and there's still loads left:j.

Posted 2 books but not paid yet. Received £8 from Pinecone (that's a £3 plus a £5 redemption). They pay us old-stagers £4 a survey but don't offer a £4 cashout like they used to.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you got your MS results submitted on time and without any hitches, Aesop. I was thinking of you today when I was having all sorts of problems with my internet. It's not the connection now BT have sorted it, it's just the numbingly slow broadband speed that we get here. The joys of living out in the sticks:mad:

Managed eventually to submit my final survey for the toiletry products I've been testing. They've been a joy to use and there's still loads left:j.

Posted 2 books but not paid yet. Received £8 from Pinecone (that's a £3 plus a £5 redemption). They pay us old-stagers £4 a survey but don't offer a £4 cashout like they used to.

I submitted yesterdays this morning and got told off. I was too tired yesterday after finishing last weeks at 3am and went to bed early. going to bed meant I missed the bounts sale again. am really fed up with the site. never any vouchers in stock.

the big one with the sunday deadline has queries. I keep having to check my email for questions and then replying to them. it was an odd one, involved gathering information but how it is presented is another thing so am getting queries on what I wrote as to what the client want....:rotfl::rotfl:

I went to school this morning at 9am for a PTA meeting to find they changed the date without telling me to Thursday am which I told them I can't make. I am the Secretary so they should have told me. I did say it doesnt matter if I am not there as long as someone lets me know what was discussed so I can do the necessary emails where required. But to not bother telling me they changed the date.... I already have my reservations on this PTA. seems like the chair and vice like making decisions on activities and dates between themselves and then tell the rest of the committee... and then ask us to volunteer...

lol the joys of being at school with their cliques....

virgin called at 2pm to tell me they aren't coming until 4pm , which is good but I wasted a whole morning not doing things in case they turned up.....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 11 October 2016 at 8:22PM
    People can be so thoughtless can't they? I've been on a few committees and suchlike that were like that. They don't deserve people to give up their time to help.

Sorry to hear about the MS submission problems especially after you put in so much time to do the jobs in the first place. I hope things work out OK for you in the end:kisses3:. No wonder you're tired though.

Just remembered a really good novel I read recently called Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I don't suppose you have any time for reading in your busy life:eek: but if you do I can really recommend this one. Based around the rivalries/ machinations/goings on of parents at an elementary school in Australia. Funny and shocking at the same time but an easy read nevertheless. I wonder if Lynne has read it?
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening everyone

Not sure if I have updated this month so excuse me if I am repeating myself. £34.94 from topcashback, £1.50 Shopmium and £7.50 MOC from sainsburys so total so far is £43.94.

Think my mortgage is finally sorted and should have the money next week so will be able to clear credit cards and loan, finish work on house and sort out some other stuff and repayments will be less than half what I have been paying for the last year! I am so excited but still can't quite believe it's finally happening - will feel better once funds are in my account.

I am determined to keep on with the money making though and not be complacent or frivolous although I am thinking I might book a weekend away for me and OH. Things have been very difficult for the last few months and I think it would be good for us to get away for a couple of days.

Hope to check in a bit more often from now on although I do read the thread but feel I should contribute a bit more and try to be more helpful to my fellow money makers like Aesop, Lynne and CBC. I totally agree that it is so nice on here and everyone is friendly and not at all judgemental like they can be on some other threads/sites.

Thanks everyone xx
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business