Scottish Power

loulou41
loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
I understand I can save £15.75 a yr with Scottish Power if I opt to get my combined annual energy bills online. Anybody on Scottish power taking advantage of this? It's just when I was filling the form online I do not understand the standard and non standard charge. Thanks

Comments

• Britt
    Britt Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    I have been with Scottish Power for more than a year now, having changed from Powergen who were about to put my monthly payment up to £63.00+ per month. I only have Electricity, no gas, but I chose the online option with Scottish Power, I now pay £47.00 per month via Direct Debit, it is capped, and is £7.65 less per month than I was paying with Powergen. SC send me an email every quarter to request a meter reading which I enter on line, and they update my account accordingly, and I have been in credit since starting with them in April 05, including through the winter months! They also send out a meter reader occasionally to double check readings. So far so good as far as I am concerned.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    It's just when fillling the form online, I am not sure what to select where I get the option of online, green, capped, no standing or standing charge? Please can you advise me what options I should select. I want to make sure I get it right. My package is Premier Plus Capped Price, there is a standard charge. I was thinking of choosing the option online capped with standard charge. Not sure whether this is correct. Thanks
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That sounds like the most appropriate selection to me.
  • loulou41 wrote:
    It's just when fillling the form online, I am not sure what to select where I get the option of online, green, capped, no standing or standing charge? Please can you advise me what options I should select. I want to make sure I get it right. My package is Premier Plus Capped Price, there is a standard charge. I was thinking of choosing the option online capped with standard charge. Not sure whether this is correct. Thanks

Hi matey...The best bet would be for you to contact someone within the company who knows about this and not to use info from people on here, it can be sometimes wrong or incorrect, I would suggest you just check with them for the current best option available to you
    Hey folks...remember I might work for the company but I am a human and working in my own time, I will not responde to people who are rude, sarcy and crits me. My views and comments do not reflect British Gas and they are totally unreasponsable for my responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure