Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Note to self: do not 'save up' the Jiggle Free July workouts and then do 5 in one go... 44 minutes... pool of sweat...wobbly legs...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Trawl around the charity shops (12 in total) delivered... 2 books totalling 30p! No decent wool at all. Weird.

Bits and bobs at work done, so a job well done there.

Dd + 2 friends all played v happily along together.

Kangaroo burgers and cauliflower mash with butter and cream for tea. Love the keto thingy! 3 lbs down from a week ago. Result.

Tomorrow I need a quiet day. To make 2 batches of cookies - 1 batch needs to be gluten and dairy and nut free. For a friend's daughter, cos I know how chuffed dd is when people do something nice for her.

ps this morning's amalgamation of 5x jiggle frees = 115 lunges, 75 push ups (only 20 man ones, the rest were on knees), 30 russian twists, 95 squats, 45 burpees, 85 sit ups.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I think I just died reading all that :p Sounds super intense - I'm surprised your legs just wobbled and didn't decide to go on strike :p

Re mice - hmm... Definitely do some 2/3 packs, I'd be tempted to do one pack ones as well as a super cheap option. As to price, hard to know! You *are* including instructions and packaging so either the same price.. hard to know..

I've got Mr M on the case - he's discovered that John L are selling instruction pack decorations for £5, which seems more expensive than what they'd sell the actual decoration at? Maybe have a bit of a search around places like that & etsy and see what people are doing?

I'd probably sell them close in price, but with a slight difference - not sure what way to go though! You're putting a lot of time into making them so maybe those should be a tad more expensive as I imagine it'll take less time to make packs?

Something tells me you need to do some sort of 'the mouse ran up the clock' mouse pack... Hands of a clock for stitched on whiskers?

Great round of charity shops :T that's my plan for tomorrow ;) Alas on the wool, I have some going begging though ;) expect a PM in a bit ;)

& how lovely & thoughtful about the cookies :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Am having a lovely day at home today!

School run - done
    Parcel posted - done
    YS goodies hunted for but none forthcoming - done
    Two batches of cookies - done
    Fat bombs - done
    2 loads of washing, including lounge rug - done
    2 rounds of washing up - done
    Bed stripped - done
    Lounge floor swept - done
    Mice packeted up to take away as presents - done
    Cards for teachers - done
    Angelina's legs - done (and body started, though still on the bum!)
    Dollshouse moved downstairs - done
    Tidying up required to enable dollshouse move - done
    Square table tidying - done
    Photocopied craft ideas holepunched and filed - done
    Paddling pool re-emptied of gunky water and left to dry - done
    Tarpauline folded and put away - done
    Other tarpaulin shaken to remove snails and hung over climbing frame to dry - done
    Lunch - done!
    Tea - done (leftovers)
    Hair dyed (using only half to liquids as I had so much cut off - go me!) - done

Oooh, don't I sound industrious!!!! All whilst also watching HUTH and the Tour... :D

Off to put another coffee on and do more Angelina.
  • apple_muncher
    I think I just died reading all that :p Sounds super intense - I'm surprised your legs just wobbled and didn't decide to go on strike :p

Re mice - hmm... Definitely do some 2/3 packs, I'd be tempted to do one pack ones as well as a super cheap option. As to price, hard to know! You *are* including instructions and packaging so either the same price.. hard to know..

I've got Mr M on the case - he's discovered that John L are selling instruction pack decorations for £5, which seems more expensive than what they'd sell the actual decoration at? Maybe have a bit of a search around places like that & etsy and see what people are doing?

I'd probably sell them close in price, but with a slight difference - not sure what way to go though! You're putting a lot of time into making them so maybe those should be a tad more expensive as I imagine it'll take less time to make packs?

Something tells me you need to do some sort of 'the mouse ran up the clock' mouse pack... Hands of a clock for stitched on whiskers?

Great round of charity shops :T that's my plan for tomorrow ;) Alas on the wool, I have some going begging though ;) expect a PM in a bit ;)

& how lovely & thoughtful about the cookies :)

Well, if Mr M is on the case, it'll soon be resolved! Thank you both.

And re the cookies - I know how good it makes me feel when someone does special food for my dd, and this friend is so harried and stressed, it's just good to help. :)
  • apple_muncher
    Today:
    - school run
    - see Head
    - see dd's next-year's-teacher
    - wash up
    - whites wash
    - jiggle free
    - get my stuff ready to pack
    - get the 'kitchen' stuff ready to pack
    - possibly see neighbour re budgeting
    - tidy away sewing stuff
    - tidy away wool
    - find somewhere for boxes of bunnies to live (dss + gf are arriving early Aug and staying on and off for a bit in spare room)
    - check out email re railcard renewal
    - put mower away
    - deflate paddling pool
    - stitch up Angelina and stuff and attach head (separate 'old' head from squiffy body first...)
    - do a sort of meal plan for me when away
    - get dd's presc renewal ready for dh to drop in next week

But first of all, put the coffee on!
  • apple_muncher
    Today:
    - school run :T
    - see Head :T
    - see dd's next-year's-teacher
    - wash up :T(round 1)
    - whites wash :T
    - jiggle free :T:T (did tomorrow's too!)
    - get my stuff ready to pack - ongoing
    - get the 'kitchen' stuff ready to pack - ongoing
    - possibly see neighbour re budgeting - nope
    - tidy away sewing stuff :T
    - tidy away wool
    - find somewhere for boxes of bunnies to live (dss + gf are arriving early Aug and staying on and off for a bit in spare room) :T
    - check out email re railcard renewal :T bought another 3 year one
    - put mower away :T
    - deflate paddling pool :T
    - stitch up Angelina and stuff and attach head (separate 'old' head from squiffy body first...)
    - do a sort of meal plan for me when away
    - get dd's presc renewal ready for dh to drop in next week

But first of all, put the coffee on!

And plenty of Tout to watch too...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Just caught up - fab result on Summer Fayre - hopefully Xmas will achieve a mega result!! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Today's the day we cross Lunnon town and head norf. Forecast is for a week of rain so bucket + spade, cossies + cagoules all packed for a true British seaside holiday...

The bag is extremely heavy so am very glad dh is travelling to KingsX with us. I think it is due to all the food we have to take. I seemed to spend last year's trip hunting down elusive gf bread that dd would eat...so am taking more of her stuff than before.

Things to remember:
    -frozen loaves x2
    -frozen fat bombs
    -ice packs
    -water
    -lunches!!!
    -tangle teaser (otherwise we'll both look like Stig of the Dump after a few days)
    -dd's tablet - when I can wrestle it from her...

Best shake a tail feather...
  • Have a fab time x x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills