Want to claim PPI, don't have account details

Options
Hi

I had about four or five credit cards some years back which I settled via a Debt Management Plan. I think I may have paid PPI on some of them but I can't for the life of me find the account details. Can anyone advise whether there is a way of doing this? I tried my DMP service but they don't have records.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    For me ...

Claim A... they wrote to me last week out of the blue, saying had a card back in 1996, think closed in 2000. With settlement figure, apparently all there records are being reviewed.

Claim B... I used the link from the home page in here as I had a loan in 2002, paid off in 2005. I had no account details, followed the prompts on the link..
    About a week later had a letter asking me to ring, the loan that I was enquiring about had already been reviewed and they found in my favour by searching it brought up a previous loan... ( I had forgot about), there reviewing that.

I would just take a chance the companies will have records x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Amazing thanks Mum2One!!!!!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I had about four or five credit cards some years back which I settled via a Debt Management Plan. I think I may have paid PPI on some of them but I can't for the life of me find the account details. Can anyone advise whether there is a way of doing this? I tried my DMP service but they don't have records.

Thanks in advance

Do bear in mind that any money from a PPI refund can be offset against the money you didn't pay back (this includes any money written off, interest freezes etc). You would get any excess after that.

You just need to send a complaint letter explaining your reasons and providing evidence - maybe ring the provider first and ask. Do try and focus on factual reasons for it such as if you weren't working when you took the card out or had good work benefits. Every card with PPI on would have listed the PPI charge as a separate debit every month so "didn't know I had it" won't work with CCs.

See guide here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family