How do you use your PIP?

Options

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very good. Pity that I am not allowed to fly due to my condition...
    Oh I'm sure you'd find someone who'd help you fly.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • stressedaah30
    stressedaah30 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my dla goes on taxis and bus fares even tho i have bus pass i have 2 child fares to pay and i dont drive
    nice food its one of my few pleasures in life
    massage and chiropodist which aid my relaxation with the condition
    waiting for my pip decision to see if i,ll be better or wworse off
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
  • fed_up_and_stressed
    Options
    My care component goes on extra heating costs, a large upfront payment for my motability WAV and my self funded power wheelchair. I also have extra fuel costs because I have to drive to places such as my local post office and chemist that others would walk to because of inconsiderate parkers parking their vehicles on the pavement making them inaccessible to use my wheelchair
    Spelling courtesy of the whims of auto correct...

Pet Peeves.... queues, vain people and hypocrites ..not necessarily in that order.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    Your in no position Rockingbilly to judge others what they spend their PIP on, when you give your money away to your grandchildren.

I am when I am the subject of abuse on here when I admit that I don't have any extra care costs so I gave the money to my children , yet others spend it on holidays and other such things which again are not extra costs.
    Let's have a fair playing field eh? - Kettle , black pot??
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    It is if you can't walk and have no choice but to drive. Especially if you need more space for a wheelchair, scooter etc.

Some able bodied people can walk a mile to work, most disabled people cannot, so petrol in this case would be an extra cost because of the disability, as would parking, bus fares etc.

Instead of jumping in and answering a post that wasn't directed at you we allow Nannytone to explain it in her own words?
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    my dla goes on taxis and bus fares even tho i have bus pass i have 2 child fares to pay and i dont drive
    nice food its one of my few pleasures in life
    massage and chiropodist which aid my relaxation with the condition
    waiting for my pip decision to see if i,ll be better or wworse off
    So you spend your DLA on bus fares for your children and not for yourself as you have a bus pass in any event?
    I love nice food, and no doubt thousands of able bodied others who work for the National Minimum Wage do, but can't afford it.
    I'd like to relax but with what happens in my life it makes it an impossibility so I take the medication and cope best I can..
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nannytone doesn't have to explain anything if she doesn't want to.
    Although you might want to re-read her post again.

The OP asked people what they spend their PIP and people are answering that. It doesn't have to turn into the rockingbillly show.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Care, care, more care and technically car lift share payments though the cost of care is more than my PIP with both elements combined, I think I'd need an extra £150 every 4 weeks for PIP to cover the entirety of my care costs. I don't get direct payments because this is a working household so we have wages coming in and the recommended council care package that I was offered years ago was totally useless, how am I supposed to hold down a job when a carer can appear any time between 7 and 10 to help me get up and dressed?
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Instead of jumping in and answering a post that wasn't directed at you we allow Nannytone to explain it in her own words?

It's a public forum, you pose a question, I answered it.

If you don't want an answer don't post.

Seemed to be a generic question aimed at all in response to Nanny.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure