No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - March 2017

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm working my way through a dandelion at the moment too! Takes ages I've been at pan for a while but lots around edges still. Have any of you seen the new dandelion highlighter (at least I assume it is)?

I've seen it on blogs, I think it is a cream blush. I have a product from Rimmel which I am using at the moment called Wake Me Up Radiance something or other in Rose and it looks identical, I was going to get rid of it but I tried putting a little bit on my cheek then using a stippling blush to blend and it is gorgeous, it is discontinued now but you can pick them up new on ebay for about £4.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have an in, a bit naughty but I didn't have a powder at all and my face does get quite shiny at the moment I've realised. So

IN: Mac Mineralise Natural Skinfinish

I hope it's nice!

Then also some sample ins:
    Mac prep and prime primer
    2x mac lipstick samples (they had potted up bits of broken ones apparently!) in please me and medium rare, both pinks all the nudes and reds had been taken!
    Benefit gimme brow
    Sisley body lotion
  • WibblyGirly
    WibblyGirly Posts: 470 Forumite
    Had to find my post from last month!

PP carry over from last month:
    A nude brown No. 7 High Shine Lip Crayon,
    A 20ml body lotion.
    A 40ml body lotion.
    Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. 7.1ml Sample. ( I have the full size already)
    Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer. 5ml Sample.
    Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimising Primer. Sachet Sample.
    1 sample of Benefit Brightening Eye Cream
    Benetint, 40ml.

Feb PP:
    Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream. 50ml
    [STRIKE]Beauty Protector - Protect and Detangle leave in conditioner. From Birchbox, Love this![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Loreal triple active moisturiser. [/STRIKE]WBA
    Estee Lauder advanced eye repair cream - 5ml.

I still have loads to use up! I did give my sister an eye palette and 2 lipsticks I don't use though so she was chuffed. :p
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I've seen it on blogs, I think it is a cream blush. I have a product from Rimmel which I am using at the moment called Wake Me Up Radiance something or other in Rose and it looks identical, I was going to get rid of it but I tried putting a little bit on my cheek then using a stippling blush to blend and it is gorgeous, it is discontinued now but you can pick them up new on ebay for about £4.

It's a box powder still dolly. There's also a new Hoola called Hoola Lite.

I have an in, a bit naughty but I didn't have a powder at all and my face does get quite shiny at the moment I've realised. So

IN: Mac Mineralise Natural Skinfinish

I hope it's nice!

Then also some sample ins:
    Mac prep and prime primer
    2x mac lipstick samples (they had potted up bits of broken ones apparently!) in please me and medium rare, both pinks all the nudes and reds had been taken!
    Benefit gimme brow
    Sisley body lotion

I love Prep and Prime for on holiday as it's more of a lotion than silicone based. Has a 50SPF too.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    8 Yorkshire Soap Company soap (cake slice) Don't know the name of this. It was patchouli fragranced. I remember I bought it for Emma when we visited York one Winter. She had not used it by the time she left for Uni and did not want it then. Saying that it still was good. Nice fragrance and kept its integrity. Will probably repurchase when we revisit York. Would not order online as their postage is hefty.

9 Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic HG product. New full size open. I decant this into a 30ml spritzer bottle to make it last longer. No stash of this. A 200ml bottle generally lasts me about 4 months.

10 LUSH Lemony Flutter WDNBA Hated this. It's only redeeming feature was the fragrance. It was so greasy. In the end I was using it at work and slathering onto MRM's feet.

Tried my new make up yesterday. Dolly I found a really good YouTube video by Love Shelby demonstrating application. On QVC they say one little bit will cover whole face but Shelby said one little bit for each application so one little bit for each cheek, forehead, anywhere you want extra coverage and you need to buff buff buff. The more buffing the more the powder mixes with your natural oils to turn the powder to cream. I did like the look and feel of this. So far so good.

Repaintied my nails last night and am wearing OPI I'm not really a waitress. One of my very old bottles but still going strong.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM wrote: »
    Updated lists:-

LUSH Prince
    [STRIKE]LUSH Lemony Flutter [/STRIKE]
    OPI Nail Envy full size
    OPI Pink nail envy mini
    [STRIKE]Yorkshire Soap Company soap
    Rituals foaming shower gel
    [/STRIKE]Tony & Guy mousse
    Percy and Reed Wonder Balm
    [STRIKE]Fresh Sugar Rose lip balm[/STRIKE]
    Nuxe facial oil

I have other items that will be UUed soon too:-
    Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
    [STRIKE]ASDA cotton wool pads
    Kind Natured shampoo
    Garnier Mcellar wipes
    L'Occitane Shea hand cream
    Soap and Glory Righteous Butter
    [/STRIKE]

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    [STRIKE]Benefit No Pressure eyeshadow thrown away. Laura Mercier Rose Gold Caviar Stick swapped in.
    [/STRIKE]
    Smashbox Full Exposure pallette. Am really hoping to finish one of these by the end of this challenge.

Kat Von D eyeliner. Still going strong. Love this product. Am amazed at the amount of product in this deluxe size.

Benefit Dallas blush. It is a real effort to keep this in rotation as it feels like I am making no difference to the pannage whatosever.

[STRIKE] Lush Lemony Flutter. [/STRIKE]

I'll be happy if the eyeliner is finished at this point by the end of the challenge.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    VALM- Benefit still do the Dandelion powder in the box but they have also released something called Dandelion Dew which is the same colour but a cream blush in a pump and that is the one which is very similar to the Rimmel product.

I agree with the Youtuber about using more Bare Minerals foundation than the company say, I have to use quite a bit and it is the buffing I don't have the time for, plus by the end of the day it has separated on me too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    morning all, couple of small UU for me this morning

UU: Redken extreme split end repair - WDBA, lovely finishing product for any fly aways and gives a lovely shine. Have started my last oe from the stash!
    UU: Elemis hydro-balance day cream sample. WMBA I really liked this, very light and smelt devine, but I do love PCMC so unsure about buying - suspect it would be dependant on what offers/sets were on at the time. But I have 2x PCMC in stash so wont be needed for a while.

That takes me to 9 outs for the month.

I may be naughty later and get an IN. I am trying a sample of Double wera foundation and I have to say I am rather impressed - seems to have good staying power with my super oily skin, although not as dewy a finish as I would like, however the staying power is winning me over at the minute - might just need to purchase.
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    My make up remover wash-cloths arrived and I've duly tested them.

Impressive - I think the reason they didn't get every scrap of mascara off with me is that I am very careful about dragging the skin around my eyes.
    However, they are just ordinary micro-plush fabric, you could easily make your own from fabric offcuts and a bit of bias binding.

Here's the product: Magnitone Wipeout Cloth
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure