'Shop staff quoted nonsense rights at me...' blog discussion

14567810»

Comments

• olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Am I right in thinking that stores are only legally obliged to offer a guarantee for 6 months, but some chose to extend it to a full 12 months?

The short answer is "Yes" under the SOGA.

However there is a European Directive which gives us less rights than the SOGA which states 2 years.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • I recently took back some stuff back to Mamas and Papas shop which i had bought online, they were not faulty just not as described. Even though i gave them the receipt that came with the goods when they were delivered, they insisted on the original confirmation email because it had the 4 digits of the card i used. I had to trawl online to get it, i wanted to check with you; i understand if i by the goods in the shop and the goods are not faulty they can request what they want, but as it is distance selling can they still demand proof of the card used? ( before i write to head office about their poor customer service and lack of notice on the delivery note)

Is fraud such a major issue with shops, that a person with 2 credit cards in the same name - is doing it for £34??
  • I recently took back some stuff back to Mamas and Papas shop which i had bought online, they were not faulty just not as described. Even though i gave them the receipt that came with the goods when they were delivered, they insisted on the original confirmation email because it had the 4 digits of the card i used. I had to trawl online to get it, i wanted to check with you; i understand if i by the goods in the shop and the goods are not faulty they can request what they want, but as it is distance selling can they still demand proof of the card used? ( before i write to head office about their poor customer service and lack of notice on the delivery note)

Is fraud such a major issue with shops, that a person with 2 credit cards in the same name - is doing it for £34??

Legally they can say you have to return online purchases back to their office that deals with online purchases. Allowing you to return them to any high street shop branch will be out of good will. And yes refunds almost always have to go back on the same payment card the same with any company.

Yes people fraud for alot less than £34.
  • someone needs to point out the Sale of goods act to Currys/PC world , whose own policy is to only offer a repair if goods prove faulty after 21 days - be careful when buying birthday/xmas presents more than 3 weeks before you would be able to return them if faulty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure