IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PArking CCJ over 10 in a car park

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @Johnersh

You've just made the point I was trying to make somewhat badly.

Though this site is called MoneySavingExpert, there are no experts here even those with professional qualifications (and insurance) in the subject they are commenting on.

All you get here is information and opinion - the good, the bad and the atrocious.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Noted. Thanks.

So. Back on track...

* When's the hearing?
    * Does the o/p wish to consider consenting this off?
    * Has s/he prepared a defence of the claim?
  • HeatonGuy
    Options
    Johnersh wrote: »
    * When's the hearing?

30 January, apparently

Even if they do, they should be seeking costs due to PE's failures.

Unknown.
  • deshulina
    Options
    Good evening all,
    I agree with all of the above said by @HeatonGuy,

I do admit, I used some of the other posts on the forum and hoped to get guidance on how to structurally form my defence and complete it as I never done anything like this before.
    I would highly appreciate if someone can have a quick read through the defence once more and help with any additional relating information needed.
  • deshulina
    Options
    Just a quick side note

The fine states :

'By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by reaming at the car park for longer than permitted in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage the parking charge is now payable to PE LTD (as the creditor)'

And the small print at the signage reads ( a picture of the signage can be found on the link bellow):

PE LTD is authorised by the landowner to operate this private car park for and on its behave. We are not responsible for the car park surface damage or lost to or from vehicle or general site safety. Parking is at the absolute discretion of the landowner and the T&C that apply are set out within this notice (the 'parking contract' ).
    By parking,waiting or otherwise remaining within this private CP you agree to comply with these T&C ( the 'parking contract') and are authorized to park only if you follow these correctly. Including making payment where directed entering your registration details via the payment and /or permit systems. If you fail to comply you except liability to pay the fee for authorized parking (the parking charge). This parking contract shall form the entire agreement between the parties. By entering this private CR, you consent, for the purpose of car park management to: the capturing of photographs of the vehicle and registration by the ANPR cameras and /or by the attendant and to the processing of this data, together with any data provided by you or others via the payment or permit systems:correspondence; telephone; or in person, by PE LTD and any authorized sub-contractor to check compliance with the parking contract. Further more you consent to the processing of this data to request registered keepers details from the DVLA, where the parking contract is not adhered to and a) enforcement is undertaken remotely via ANPR; or b) the parking charge notice is issued manually by the attended, but remains unpaid. Parking changes incurrred: a) will be notified to the register keeper by post, where the ANPR system identifies non compliance with the parking contract, and maybe reissued to the relevant driver or receipt of the drivers valid name and address; or b) will be notified to the driver where an attendant identifies non compliance with the parking contract, and may subsequently be notified to the register keeper. Personal data may also be shared with the BPA, POPLA, mall service providers, credit reference agents, collection agents or solicitors for this purpose and authorised sub-contractors. A reduction of at least 40% of the parking charge will be available for a period of 14 days. Failure to pay the parking charge within this period will result in full amount becoming payable. Where parking charges remain unpaid beyond 28 days, recovery charges in respect of further action may apply. A charge reflecting the cost to PE may apply for payments made with a credit/debit card.

Which fails to describe
    the appropriate parking time or by reaming at the car park for longer than permitted
  • deshulina
    deshulina Posts: 40 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2017 at 8:28PM
    Options
    hppps://www.dropbox.com/s/7j3pjrehp7z7lz2/23972731_10210892501694816_259090327_n.jpg?dl=0

hppps://www.dropbox.com/s/zxktl8hv5pga378/21733589_10210377805147724_243984412_o.jpg?dl=0
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    deshulina wrote: »
    Good evening all,
    I agree with all of the above said by @HeatonGuy,

I do admit, I used some of the other posts on the forum and hoped to get guidance on how to structurally form my defence and complete it as I never done anything like this before.
    I would highly appreciate if someone can have a quick read through the defence once more and help with any additional relating information needed.

It is unclear what you agree with, please enlighten us.

Also, if you want others to read, please paragraph as
    people will not read a wall of text
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    deshulina wrote: »
    hppps://www.dropbox.com/s/7j3pjrehp7z7lz2/23972731_10210892501694816_259090327_n.jpg?dl=0

hppps://www.dropbox.com/s/zxktl8hv5pga378/21733589_10210377805147724_243984412_o.jpg?dl=0

So here are your live links
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j3pjrehp7z7lz2/23972731_10210892501694816_259090327_n.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxktl8hv5pga378/21733589_10210377805147724_243984412_o.jpg?dl=0

I must warn you ... do not respond to any PM's from those
    who have less than 1000 posts, this is for safety and security
  • deshulina
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    It is unclear what you agree with, please enlighten us.

Also, if you want others to read, please paragraph as
    people will not read a wall of text
    HeatonGuy wrote: »
    30 January, apparently

Even if they do, they should be seeking costs due to PE's failures.

Unknown.
    Johnersh wrote: »
    Noted. Thanks.

So. Back on track...

* When's the hearing?

Sorry to be unclear. I meant I agree with @HeatonGuy post, but as for the defence I do think I will need some help if possible just to make sure it's presented in the best way possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure