Funds on flat-fee brokers

Good evening,
I was looking at iweb and Halifax recently and noticed that they didn't seem to have any Ruffer funds or the IT, is there a quick way of finding out which flat-fee platforms do Trojan O, Capital Gearing trust and Ruffer? As I want to setup a capital preservation buy and hold

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,592 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Any share dealing platform will have access to shares listed on LSE so you should find all the popular investment trusts on iWeb and Halifax
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • I wanted to use iweb for my SIPP but they are missing a number of funds I wanted.

GAM Star Credit Opps and Polar Capital Global Insurance in addition to the Ruffer funds.

Frustrating.
  • 'The Share Centre' (flat fee) seem to have a wider range of funds.
  • lpgm
    lpgm Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I wanted to use iweb for my SIPP but they are missing a number of funds I wanted.

Ask IWeb to put them on.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    edited 10 October 2017 at 8:46AM
    'The Share Centre' (flat fee) seem to have a wider range of funds.

As Jimjames said you should already have access to Ruffer and Capital Gearing as they are simply company shares just like Shell, BT etc. They won't be in a list of "funds".
  • Linton wrote: »
    As Jimjames said you should already have access to Ruffer and Capital Gearing as they are simply company shares just like Shell, BT etc. They won't be in a list of "funds".

The last time I checked iweb did have CGT and RICA but not some of the others mentioned.

There was a suggestion on a thread a while ago that it may be related to clean classes (or lack of?) in some of these funds.
  • lpgm wrote: »
    Ask IWeb to put them on.

I spoke to them and they're looking in to adding the funds/etf's I asked for dependent on meeting their criteria.

Seems fair enough.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,592 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    lpgm wrote: »
    Ask IWeb to put them on.

I've asked iWeb to add Lindsell Train UK equity but unfortunately they've been unable to do so. Hopefully that may change in the future but it's meant I've not been able to consolidate my ISAs with them.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • jimjames wrote: »
    I've asked iWeb to add Lindsell Train UK equity but unfortunately they've been unable to do so. Hopefully that may change in the future but it's meant I've not been able to consolidate my ISAs with them.

Did they give a reason? It's hardly an obscure fund. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport