overwhelmed new member

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Ha ha ! Those pesky metric teaspoons !
    Enjoy the quiz tonight - I would want you on my team as well :)

Never mind it's nearly the weekend :T

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    And finally .... It's Friday :T

Got there in the end ! Did couple of surveys at lunchtime to add to the pot , it all helps I suppose :)
    Did to do a proper meal plan for this week as money very tight till pay day which is still a week away yet.
    Should be a relatively cheap wknd as youngest playing football for most of it ! That will be fun if it's raining ....

Have got annual pay review in 2 weeks time so hopefully , there may be a few extra ££ per month - will have to wait & see- keep your fingers crossed! Have got the budget pretty tight for now - but no room for error so a little extra would be good ! Still keep thinking about 2nd job but I really am not sure I have the energy :o

Bought budget tea bags yesterday to try them - false economy they were awful !! However , we all prefer the value naan bread ... Weird !
    Eldest , bless him , needs a hair cut but says "I think it needs another week to grow first " - I think he has learnt when pay day is ! They are learning :)

Hope everyone had a good week. Masonn I hope the quiz (and the beer) went well ? :)

Coco x
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Coco114 wrote: »
    And finally .... It's Friday :T

Hope everyone had a good week. Masonn I hope the quiz (and the beer) went well ? :)
    Coco x

Hi Coco.

Quiz went OK, beer went better. We came second, beaten by 1 and half points. :D

Second prize was £50 so it was a free evening. If there had been a few less music questions I'd have been better. I'm afraid with a few exceptions I don't listen to much that was written after about 1840 :o

Value stuff is funny like that. Some of it is really excellent and some is truly dreadful. I don't like the value baked beans, too sweet.

Good luck with the pay, a bit of good news in your life would, I'm sure, be very welcome.

Have a great weekend.:T
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm weird, I have got used to the taste of lidl 27p tea bags. Reminds me of British rail tea from the 80's for some reason!

Had to spend £60 at the dentist yesterday, so not fair! That money could have gone on something nice. And I had to walk there as the car wouldn't start. Luckily DH came home with a bar of chocolate so the day wasn't a complete write off. And he stayed with the programme, it was own brand!!

Have a great weekend all.
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • Coco114
    Bless your DH :)

Dentist bills are a pain .... Literally !!

Off to football now - it's blowing a gale & raining - fun , fun , fun :)

Cx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have fun! :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Coco114
    Blimey , it's taken me 3 hours to thaw out & warm up .... It's the middle of June for goodness sake !!!
    Apart from that a good day - and yet another trophy for the cabinet :)

Didn't spend anything as ex there so he bought bacon rolls & tea :T
    Watching the footie tonight , me & boys are shattered! My house is a tip but it will wait until tomorrow when I have the energy !
    Did a basic shop this morning , just essentials as we still haven't done a meal plan yet - but it can wait :)

Have done a couple of surveys , listed 2 things for sale and opened all this weeks post - nothing I wasn't expecting so that was ok.
    Did ask ex today which weekend he wanted to have kids .... Will be at least 3 weeks .... No surprise there then :).
    Hoping to get Estate Agent around this week or next - at least it will give me an idea ?

Hope everyone had a good day :)

Coco x
  • happy0147.gif on getting Ex to buy the butties :D
    :T on the trophy did you :D? i smiley-sad011.gif when my DS won a trophy a few weeks ago....:o
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    coco,
    what a lovely day you've had :)
    NSD here too,though they are very few and far between,cos i'm rubbish!
    MOT and car tax both due end of june-great planning!
    enjoy rest of weekend!more rain to come i think.....i've put the heating on-IN JUNE!!!!!
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• Coco114
    I did lots of :D
    They are a great team , win everything , but a bit off form today so they really had to work hard for it for a change :)

I "forgot" my bag - so I couldn't buy the bacon rolls , tea, drinks etc ..... How very devious of me ;) I packed up food etc but kids had eaten it all by 11.00 so it could have been expensive if I had my purse !

C x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport