Money Moral Dilemma: Should I pay my friend's speeding fine?

123457»

Comments

• Cloudane
    Cloudane Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I tend to think (regardless of what I watch :)) that friendships are too complicated and too personal for generic things like internet guidance to be of much value in situations like this. For example maybe by some stretch of the imagination they're some wonderful friend who's done similar things for you in the past and also you were nagging in his ear telling him to hurry it up. In which case, sure. (Though I tend to think if they're such a good friend, they won't ditch you over a dispute over £60 or whatever the fine is these days)

In the eyes of the law, you of course should definitely not pay, not even if you were telling him to hurry up (he should have said "no, I'll get us there safely, or you're welcome to go and call a taxi" because safe driving is his responsibility regardless of pressure).

In "generic friendship/morality" terms, I suppose it's a little different in that if you were telling him to hurry up then it'd be nice to offer at least half. But all I can say is that'd be... rather nice of you. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure