Attending movie premiere, any tips

Options
I along with Fairyprincess79 (not together I must point out) are both attending a movie premiere this weekend.
Just wanted to know if anybody as been to a premiere before what are the do's and donts?

What do you wear?

Do you walk near to the red carpet? sounds silly to ask but I don't fancy walking down with my walking sticks and then appearing in the next issue of Heat Magazine :rotfl:

Do they provide you with refreshments etc in the cinema or do we purchase them ourselves?

How close can you get to stars? I mean is there a chance of having photos taken with them?

Any other tips you could pass onto us?

Comments

• ktflosspot
    ktflosspot Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    If tiz Gnomeo & Juliet most of the sites say Adults to wear " Garden Coture " ( no blinkin idea what that means though ) and kids to wear either red or blue xxx
    All that I have been to have provided refreshments & most of the actors have been lovely posing for piccys with the kids xx
    Have a great time xx
    :AIt matters not how long a stars shines ,what is remembered is the brightness of it's light.
    JAN Battle attacks cars, 3 VIP althletics tickets, fairtrade choccy .... yum

Thanks to all posters xxxx
  • mell
    mell Posts: 877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done to both of you. Hopefully someone will come along who has been and can answer for you as I have often wondered what I would wear etc if I won. Will be interested to hear replies.

Congratulations and hope you have a wonderful time and anyone else who has won :j

Let us know how you get on. :T
  • djl
    djl Posts: 11,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done
    2015 wins £4.00 not mse:(
    2014 £44.00:mad:2013 £83.00 2012 £601.50
    2011 £1554.50 2010 £698.00 2009 £2793.00
    2008 £2816.00 2007 £1034.00
  • Happy_shopper
    Options
    Well done - I'm interested in hearing the answers too. (I'm not going to the Premiere - just curious.) You'll have to update this thread when you've been. ;)
  • Skeletor99
    Options
    I'd say be prepared to wait around as these things never ever start on time and make sure to bring some water as they usually don't provide any refreshments.
    But enjoy it, oh and do your best to saunter past the hordes to give the impression to them that you are in the movie ;-)
  • oddies
    oddies Posts: 10,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    congatulations on winning, :T:T:T have a great time and relax ;) sorry cannot help with question
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • welshlis
    welshlis Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on your win hope you have a great night out
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DH and I did the West Is West premiere, which wasn't a big premiere compared to the ones you see on the TV and in the papers, but it did say smart clothing on the email I got. We did walk the red carpet, ( I got DH to carry my coat, as I wanted to show off my posh frock that I never normally get to wear, sad I know). Lots of people weren't dressed up however and were carrying shopping bags.
    We did get given a bottle of water and a mini bar of chocolate.

Opps, I forgot to say congratulations and have a wonderful time :)
  • avelte
    avelte Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    have fun, enjoy
    A rule of the universe is, the more you give, the more you get
  • NaughtyAngel2007
    Options
    have a great time :) . love to see some pics x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories