Lose 100 lbs in 2015

Comments

• Ta! Hoping to make it 10lb lost by next week, I'm not very patient though, which I need to address.

Boots usually have scales, have you got a Superdrug? - they might too. Drs Surgery?, sure they wouldn't mind, as you're trying to improve your health. When I dieted before I bought my own scales but they were so out with my diet leader's ones (weighed less on hers) so I just went with hers!

The smoked haddock and poached egg sounds good. I need to eat more fish really. I made the curried butternut squash soup the other day - that was good although, I had to count it as 3 per portion as I had curry paste not powder and also added a bit of coconut powder for extra flavour.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I am thinking along the lines of metric reporting although I will be sticking with lbs as kilos do not feel as satisfying to me.

So I am looking at my first target of 25lbs in the first 100 days, and dropping one dress size. I am going to weigh myself every 10 days and report back. Today is day 5, 36 points and no cheating yet.
  • tootallulah
    I have a freezer full of fish so it will be appearing in a lot of meals over the next few weeks. I happened to be in Waitrose one night when cod and haddock were both reduced to half price on the fish counter so I stocked up with as much as I could fit in the freezer. For once one of my bargain buys seems to actually be worth it. I love fish just baked with lemon or lime juice.
  • tootallulah
    Day 6 34 points, no cheating yet. Everything going fine as it is still week 1
    Today will be the first testing day as I don't have work to fill the hours. I am going to do some sewing to fill the time.
  • tootallulah
    Day 7: 30 points, all good so far. Yesterday I didn't drink enough and so this morning I woke up with a terrible headache, slow start to the day and a note to self to carry the water bottle around with me as I do at work.

Today I am having lunch with my brother and his family, my aim is to eat everything but the carbs. I haven't told my family that I am dieting as I find that if I do they watch what I am eating and make comments which drives me nuts and make me feel like I will just give up (I know it is really childish but you know, people you love etc). I haven't told anyone except on here. My thinking is to try and see how far I go before people start noticing. It takes a lot of weight loss when you are fat for people to notice so I think I can plug away until about Easter without any one commenting.
  • Here's hoping they won't notice you not eating the roasties if you pile the veg on!

I know what you mean about family - I get very upset when my parents comment on my weight as a lot of my issues stem from childhood but it's very hard to discuss this with them as they either get defensive or make wrong assumptions - I had a boyfriend that used to physically assault me and was very controlling, I was with him for about 3 years, when I eventually told them why I'd split up with him, they didn't believe me!!

I wouldn't normally go to a group to lose weight either but my best mate is doing it with me - she wants to help me but also get to her goal too.

I didn't have a great night last night, was home alone and boredom struck, so I've used up most of my weekly extra points!! Back on track today though!
    Over futile odds
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • tootallulah
    HI CWR oh yes families, mine are wonderful and supportive but I become a sulky teenager if they comment about my eating, it isn't something I am proud of to be honest. I have just told a close friend and he is very supportive but doesn't ask me anything about it which is how I like it.

I think you working with a friend is a good idea, and I have no doubt that there will be many weeks when I use will use all of my extra points it is just a the moment I am not too hungry. My 20 week anniversary will be the 31st May so I am off to plot some interim targets for the next 20 weeks.
  • tootallulah
    Day 8: 40 points. Had a lovely lunch and ended up using 2 of my weekly points but I think that adds up to a good first week, 3 days to weigh in. I do hope this is working. In 20 weeks I want to have lost 25 lbs, that should be doable I just need to keep on with recording points and writing this thread. I am trying for a year but my first target is to write every day for 10 weeks.
  • Glad you had a nice lunch. Using 2 of your weekly extra points is nothing to worry about, my mate has worked out 49 points is 7 pints of cider so that's her weekly treat! Well we are in Somerset!

My group leader said don't be scared to use them, so I've been trying to do as she says, as realistically I need to find the highest point at which I can still lose weight then I've got more leeway to cut back as the pounds come off (if that makes sense).

Made a lush curry last night and most of the ingredients were zero or really low so I was pleasantly surprised it tasted as good as it did, normally I would have used loads of ground almonds, coconut cream, full fat yoghurt. Just need to find a zero cake recipe now!! (Oh well, I can dream)
    Over futile odds
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    I lost 4lbs at we class last night. Lord knows how as I regularly went over points and had run out of weeklies by Wednesday! Here's to onwards and downwards.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure