PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 19th August 2017

Comments

• Morning all

Thanks for the thread kArcher and hugs to all those in need.

We stopped at Tesco in Caversham yesterday to find they now want£9.50 if you want to stop!

After a week of fairly good weather we arrived on the Kennet and Avon yesterday and within minutes had thunder, lightening, torrential rain and hailstones.

We couldn't get through one of the locks as we couldn't see through the rain, we had to wait up for a while.
    We eventually made it to Burghfield where we had a drink in the Cunning Man whilst we waited for tea to cook.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

OH spent most of yesterday in bed sleeping again, he has no headache this morning, how long he goes before the tiredness overcomes him is anyone's guess.

I got laundry dry before we had a heavy rainstorm with thunder and lightening, it's a bit rough looking this morning.

I woke cold in the night OH had wrapped himself in the duvet and kicked the quilt off the bed, it took me ages to warm up, so a disturbed night, but at least I had about 5 hours, better than 2. I might have a nana nap this afternoon.

Think supper will be bacon, egg, tomato and fried bread.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone, thank you Karcher for starting us off, so sorry about your inconsiderate neighbours and the resulting lack of sleep. Happy holiday vibes to those getting away for a few days, OH is plotting our next little jaunt in the caravan:D

New TV arrived yesterday and just as our lovely TV man said we managed to set up the basics ourselved:j picture is so much better than the old one (which seems to have decided that it is not broken and has been moved to another room now). Have not tried to connect the new one to the internet so we can use the "smart" things it offers, computers/internet are my job here, but have yet to pluck up courage:(

Sunny and bright, lots of storms yesterday, but while driving around managed to not be directly in most of them. Sunny and bright now, need to go into town for cash and collect a pair of boots I found in a CS, but could not carry on Wednesday. Usual daily stuff to to then need to do a SM shop later, only have a choice of Aldi or our small Tesco so a bit boring, but necessary.

Have a great day:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,
    Sorry about your neighbours karcher, so inconsiderate x
    Hope the TAs have a good time away x
    Glad to hear all is going well Jackie x
    Csarina - hugs for your DH x
    I am meeting a friend for a coffee this morning. She is the mum of ds1s primary school friend. They are both 18 now so we don't see each other very often. Will have a mooch around the town afterwards.
    DH has gone into work for a few hours - a systems release that can't be done in the working week. He should be home early afternoon.
    Will hopefully get the grass cut this weekend. I need to hire a carpet cleaner as there is a large stain on my bedroom carpet that appeared whilst we were away. Ds1 has fessed up to how it happened but I don't want to put you off your breakfast!
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy xx

ETA, forgot to congratulate your GD on her ballet achievements TA xx fantastic :)
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

up bright and early today. Things to do, people to see and all that. I already feel as though ive done a days work already and i ached before i got out of bed. I think its going to be a long day.

Ive been worrying about Youngest. Seems like the black dog has got him firmly by the throat. He's not eating, he's not going out, he is doing less and less. He needs to get back to work. Hopefully he wont be off for much longer.

Off to look at floor tiles again this afternoon. I need to make a decision soon as the tiler is booked.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry, bright and windy this morning, it hammered down with rain last night and woke me up several times.
    Tilly has been walked and both dogs fed, we've had boiled eggs and soldiers plus buckets of coffee, not sure about the rest of the day will see what happens.

Have a good day folks x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all :wave:
    Well it's a beautiful morning considering the awful rain we had last evening. The WM is on and I have added my winter dressing gown just to make up the numbers :rotfl:.
    Not doing much today as we have had a few busy days and starting tomorrow, a few more - keeps us out of mischief I suppose ! There are some T shirts to iron, the washing to hang out and that's it, as I have already emptied the DW.
    Tea tonight is a cottage pie from the freezer and I will add a cheesy thatch later.
    TA enjoy the caravan and congrats to DGD, another Margot Fonteyn in the making. I wanted to be a ballet dancer but I have at least two left feet :rotfl:.
    Judi hugs for Youngest, he'll probably bounce back when he's better.
    Karcher thanks for starting the thread and :mad: to your neighbours. Some people are so inconsiderate.
    Right off to hang the washing out as it's quite windy and hopefully it will dry quickly.
    Hugs all round and have a good Saturday everybody.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Had tea and toast for breakfast. Managed to get a load of laundry dry yesterday just before the heavens opened!

I only ordered a few things online like napkins, table runners, placemats and a candle centrepiece for the dining table but the amount of cardboard and boxes cluttering the place is ridiculous. I need to spend the next hour flattening boxes and taking out all the recycling ready for collection on Tuesday.

There should be at least four of us tomorrow for lunch and have decided to try some recipes from the one person meals for a pound book I got as a birthday present. I fancy trying to make chicken tikka massala, bombay potatoes and roasted vegetables with home made flatbreads and will pop out this afternoon for the vegetables and other bits and bobs I need as chicken breasts are defrosting.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all

We stopped at Tesco in Caversham yesterday to find they now want£9.50 if you want to stop!

:eek: Is that Te$co imposing the 'stopping' charge or the docks?

I hope that isn't an hourly rate: and there was me thinking car parks were expensive!
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Cookie the Staffie has gone home now; she was only here for two nights. However, she'll be back again on Friday, for an eight-night stay. :T She was very well-behaved; her owners say she has a few issues that they are working on with a behaviourist (she was adopted from Battersea last September) but she seemed fine to me; I think she's an absolute sweetheart! :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure