Stoozing and share save

I've currently got a sharesave type scheme on the go through work (£150 a month), due to mature next year. After we moved house, I decided to effectively 'draw-down' on this in advance, by taking out the Virgin money transfer credit card offer (worked out to be about £80 to borrow £6000 over a near-three year period).

The sharesave will pay out a minimum of £5400, hopefully a fair bit more. This £5400 of the Virgin money is currently sat in Premium Bonds, and the prizes have just about covered the £80 cost.

We do still have a small amount in instant-access savings, that I've been using for home improvements, hence I've not really touched the money from Virgin.

Now, the enrolment for this year's 3 year Sharesave plan came around, and this time I've decided to stooze. I'm fairly strict with personal monthly expenditure of about £300 (for general going out, petrol etc), so I've taken out a Sharesave for £300 a month, and I'm currently offsetting that expenditure into a Sainsbury's 31 month 0% deal.

The obvious conundrum I've got is that approximately 27 months into the 36 month scheme, I'm going to hit the credit card limit, just before the interest free period ends anyway.

The flipside being that from reading the forum, it seems building your stoozed balance is the difficult part of the arrangement.

So, what should my next move be once the £150 a month Sharesave matures next year?

Should I look to shift the Virgin balance (will be approx £5000 at that point) onto another 0% balance transfer card at that point. I'd then be able to keep some of the Virgin-obtained money back, and could maybe pay some of the Sainsbury's balance off.

Or would it make sense to keep the added time on the Virgin deal to keep the cash as an asset for a little longer? It's unlikely to make any more returns from Premium Bonds.

Bit concerned about having too many cards, or if I'm turned down for another transfer for the Sainsbury's balance at say 27 months, the only option may be to either take the interest hit for 9 months, or scrap the sharesave and use the returned money to clear the Sainsburys balance. I don't know whether ditching the Virgin card before that point may help or hinder an application for further credit.

Thank you for any suggestions and I hope that makes sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure