MoneySaving Poll: How will you be voting in the EU referendum?

Poll started 31 May 2016

How will you be voting in the EU referendum? Or are you a 'don’t know'?

On Thursday 23 June the UK will vote either to remain in or leave the European Union. The referendum question will be: “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?”

So with four weeks left, where do you stand?

How will you be voting in the EU referendum? Or are you a 'don’t know'?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• dw1
    dw1 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Already sent my postal vote. So even if I change my mind between now and the referendum date, I can't change my vote!
  • easypeasy2
    easypeasy2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 1 June 2016 at 12:23PM
    If only both sides had been truthful. If they revert to the original Common Market making it easier for trade then I would be for it. What I don't like is some unelected and unaccountable person(s) making secretive decisions which are not relevant and often detrimental.
  • leonotis
    leonotis Posts: 34 Forumite
    There are far too many politicians, with their own agendas, who are looking for cushy, unaccountable jobs that pay fortunes plus expenses within the E.U. parliament-of course they want us to stay-whatever the cost to the man in the street-why wouldn't they?
    If the "remain" camp win then I really believe we are on a road to hell in this country.
  • If your poll is anything to go by Martin, it would appear that many people are seeing sense and are going to VOTE LEAVE on 23rd June. Doing so is the ONLY way we will regain full Sovereignty and control of our borders, our judiciary, our finances and immigration. I am NOT against folks coming here to work BUT I am in favour of a points based system that will ensure only those we truly need come. As has been shown this week immigrants are now starting to cross the Channel in dinghy's. Many will die as it is a particularly dangerous stretch of water. We need more vessels to patrol our coastlines and currently the Government are unable (so they tell us) to do this effectively. Some of the £millions or even £billions saved by being out of the UN-ELECTED EU could go towards that resource. I implore ALL of you to spread the word that in order to regain full control and make Britain GREAT again VOTE LEAVE. You know it makes sense.
  • It would have been very informative to see the votes by age group given the majority of young people apparently want to remain and the majority of the older generation want to leave.

If the results so far are accurate the Out campaign are going to win conclusively. Interesting. Have the pollsters missed the boat again?
    Cheers,
    Ray.

3.84kWp Panasonic / Solar Edge
    1.44kWp ESE, 1.2kWp SSW, 1.2kWp WNW
  • uk2009
    uk2009 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I cant help but think that the PM and government are more concerned about the possible effects Brexit would have on the EU rather than on the UK. Its bound to trigger calls for other referendum throughout the EU and perhaps cause a domino effect. Thats what all these other leaders and organisations are really concerned about. Look at the rates of youth unemployment in Italy, Spain etc. Look at the dire straits of some of the economies in the euro zone. Sorry, I'm not voting to remain and bail out this club. We can and will prosper out of it. Perhaps there may, may be some short term economic consequences but it will be worth it in the end.
  • Too many people are voting based on what they read in the UK media, if you really understood how the European Union worked you'd have a different view. Too many ukip voters will eventually ruin the country they say they want to make great again. Vote on fact not fiction. The UK = United kingdom, not very united if we leave and a very bleak outlook if we do.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It would have been very informative to see the votes by age group given the majority of young people apparently want to remain and the majority of the older generation want to leave.

If the results so far are accurate the Out campaign are going to win conclusively. Interesting. Have the pollsters missed the boat again?
    With over 20,000 responses in the 'definitely will vote' category, Leave is ahead of Remain by 64% to 36%.

This is significantly different from the current official opinion polls, which show the two camps either neck and neck, or a slight lead for one side or the other.

But those pollsters generally use a sample size of 2,000 or so, and then use a weighting algorithm to try and make it representative of the demographics of the UK. They got that spectacularly wrong at the 2015 General Election, and I suspect the same is happening in this Referendum.

Look at any non-political site which has an online poll, or comments from readers on national newspaper articles (even pro-EU papers like the Guardian), and it's clear that Leave is overwhelmingly the preferred choice.

I predict Leave will win, and win comfortably on June 23. But don't be complacent, get down to your local polling station and put your X in the box - the second one, of course.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • bargepole, I agree completely about opinion polls not being that accurate but I'm slightly curious that since I took a snapshot of the MSE results yesterday pm and compared it to this morning the ratio is almost the same - 64/36 in favour of Exit.

Is it possible those who have voted are overwhelmingly older people thereby skewing the figures? That's why it would have been instructive to see the votes by age.

Fear not. I will be voting and in the right box!
    Cheers,
    Ray.

3.84kWp Panasonic / Solar Edge
    1.44kWp ESE, 1.2kWp SSW, 1.2kWp WNW
  • edl2011
    edl2011 Posts: 19 Forumite
    If Britain leaves the EU then I will be leaving Britain, albeit reluctantly.
    It would be the final nail in the coffin, signifying at last the complete takeover of braindead, blinkered bigots in a once proud and respected country.
    So terribly sad.
    We still haven't found out what Martin has to say on the issue!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure