Options

Comments

• Gulpiyuri
    Gulpiyuri Posts: 27 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    Interesting that they contradict that in their answers to questions

these are similar examples to yours and there is no mention of being able to claim from marketing airline

Thanks @Caz3121 for your input. I´ll report back once IE gets back to me.
  • gentlecleanser
    Options
    Hi Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from BA regarding refund and compensation claims for the IT issues on 27th May?
    We filed a claim on the 28th May and then contact them agin on the 1st June and have had no response what-soever (other than automated response email).
    Very frustrated this is taking so long!!
  • hertslady64
    hertslady64 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from BA regarding refund and compensation claims for the IT issues on 27th May?
    We filed a claim on the 28th May and then contact them agin on the 1st June and have had no response what-soever (other than automated response email).

I have had nothing but the automated email either. I rang last week and she said it was on the system with a status of pending.
    Someone I know who lodged a claim the same day as me received a cheque on Saturday, so I'm not sure how they are determining the order they look at claims.
    I agree it is very frustrating that there is no way to check things yourself.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I don't know what you were expecting but I wouldn't categorise a little over 3 weeks as very long. My wife claimed from BA a couple of years ago and from memory it was something like 6 weeks before they got back to her.
  • chris1947
    Options
    I was at Vienna Airport during the BA computer failure. A BA agent advised me to make my own arrangements to get back to Heathrow. In response to this advise I booked a flight with Austrian Airways. BA are refusing to compensate me for the flight cost stating that I must have misunderstood their agents advice. Does anyone have advise of how to fight BA for compensation in a he said, she said situation. Chris .
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have a read of Vauban's guide and then post on the BA thread if any other questions
    The simple approach would be to claim a refund of your BA flight and, in addition EU261 compensation
    The harder approach would be to try and claim reimbursement of the Austrian flight instead of refund of BA flight (in addition to EU261 compensation)
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chris1947 wrote: »
    I was at Vienna Airport during the BA computer failure. A BA agent advised me to make my own arrangements to get back to Heathrow. In response to this advise I booked a flight with Austrian Airways. BA are refusing to compensate me for the flight cost stating that I must have misunderstood their agents advice. Does anyone have advise of how to fight BA for compensation in a he said, she said situation. Chris .

Hi Chris,

Some other BA clients have been paid the cost of using another airline.

This was, and possibly still is, on the BA website...

"Given the level of disruption, we know some customers made alternative travel arrangements themselves, when British Airways was unable to re-route them because of the system limitations, and they had to rebook to other airlines directly via their respective websites or through travel agents. Customers who had to do this are also eligible to make a claim."

BA may play hard ball to begin with but if you push them you should be able to get compensation and a full refund of your additional costs.

They don't want hundreds or thousands of disgruntled client taking them to court over an issue which they were fully responsible for.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Former_MSE_Megan_F
    Options
    Passengers who have flights delayed or cancelled during a two-week strike by British Airways cabin crew in July may be able to claim up to £530 compensation.
    'Doors open to passengers claiming compensation for next month's BA strike'
    OfficialStamp.gif
    Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Passengers MAY be able to claim compensation....

Why is it that the CAA cannot be clear and precise with their advice to passengers. They seem to be incapable of giving accurate advice.

If they don't know if passengers can, or cannot, make a claim then why are they still the UK's National Enforcement Body?

Perhaps they only come out with clear advice after a court has decided, err, hang on a minute, oh no, they get that wrong too.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SAS who dares wins

CAA who cares who wins as long as it is the Airlines

A total bunch lapdogs to their paymasters
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income