Pebbles to paint

asajj
asajj Posts: 5,123
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
Forumite
Hello all, hope someone can help. I want to paint some pebbles for the garden. Never done this but I like what I see on internet and wanna give it a go.
I understand acrylic paint is suitable for this. I did search a bit but couldn't find pebbles that would be useful and not so pricey.
Does anyone do this and where do you buy them from?
Thank you
ally.

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    As you are not suppose to pick pebbles of the beach. I suggest you go to a garden center and look at the bags of them there.

Hopefully you have somewhere in your garden that could do with some, you can then pick out the best size shapes for your painting.
  • Salome_2
    Salome_2 Posts: 67
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I live about five minutes walk from the beach - have done for most of my life - and we often bring back stones & pebbles, either to paint or use in plant pots. I wouldn't worry about anyone saying anything; noone has ever admonished me.
    Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
    Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure