MSE Cheap Energy Club - Inaccurate Comparisons?

I've just inputted my details into the Cheap Energy Club comparitor, being very careful to identify my current tariff correctly and use exact consumption figures (I record usage every month and even graph usage over the years) so I am certain the numbers are correct.
MSE Cheap Energy tells me I can save several hundred pound by changing.
BUT, when I run the Cheap Energy Club standing charge & Unit rates through my spreadsheet and compare to my existing tariff the difference is just a few pounds per fuel and overall a few pence more expensive!
I think the Cheap Energy Club is potentially misleading people about the savings it can offer. You may like to check it out - I have, and I know my numbers are correct.

Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It seems to assume that when your current fixed tariff runs out you will revert to standard tariff by not doing anything.

But it doesn't make this clear.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 1 November 2014 at 3:54PM
    You might want to check out our comments about this point on the main Big Winter Switch Event Page where we explain personal projections (we also cover this on the results are page) and the steps we're taking to make this easier to understand.

I hope you find that helpful. https://cheapenergyclub.moneysavingexpert.com/collectiveswitch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure