MobileValuer.com Discussion Area

This is the discussion thread for the new mobile buyers comparison tool

Please click reply to discuss

Comments

• oldcodger
    oldcodger Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2011 at 6:09PM
    I recently recycled my nokia e51 and an old motorola mobile with Marks and Spencer. It was very quick and straightforward. They offer either M&S vouchers or a charity donatation, not cash. They made me an offer online, which I accepted. They sent me an addressed bag followed by an email to prompt me to send the phones or reject their offer. Valued the phones once they were received and emailed me with a revised offer for the motorola. I accepted the offer and received my M&S vouchers by post today. The whole process took 17 days and would have been quicker if I had posted the phones as soon as I received the return bag. (Vouchers are ok for me but I expect other MSEs would prefer cash)
  • oldcodger wrote: »
    I recently recycled my nokia e51 and an old motorola mobile with Marks and Spencer. It was very quick and straightforward. They offer either M&S vouchers or a charity donatation, not cash. They made me an offer online, which I accepted. They sent me an addressed bag followed by an email to prompt me to send the phones or reject their offer. Valued the phones once they were received and emailed me with a revised offer for the motorola. I accepted the offer and received my M&S vouchers by post today. The whole process took 17 days and would have been quicker if I had posted the phones as soon as I received the return bag. (Vouchers are ok for me but I expect other MSEs would prefer cash)

I've just sent my Nokia 2310 to M&S too. They offered £4 in vouchers as opposed to Envirofone and Mazuma's offers of around £2ish in Argos vouchers. It seemed to be quite a good offer, though I guess M&S prices are higher so the vouchers don't buy so much.
    Note to Self: When posting, remember to keep within "forum rules" to avoid upsetting other "interested parties"
  • 3guesses
    3guesses Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have sent 2 emails to report that the tool does not work at all well (it only listed 1 result for a Sony Ericsson C902), but I've received no acknowledgment or reply and the tool continues to malfunction.

Pretty poor, all in all.
  • I've just got a really good quote from www.orangerecycle.co.uk . Hopefully they're reputable enough to be better than some of these cowboys and I'll make sure I register my phone when I post it- I'll let you know how I get on!
  • Ok so I used this tool and got Skyphones.org as the best price...

I now see they have (thankfully!!) been removed from the search results.

I have nothing positive to say about skyphones.org, and would strongly advise that you avoid them, I am still awaiting monies from a brand new phone, in original box, after 2 months of emails and calls.

Disgusting how these firms seem to appear and rip us all off, sadly I now really regret not using one of the bigger firms, all for an extra £6!! Silly me.

This tool however, is very useful and seems to be generally accurate, in my experience, so keep up the good work MSE.

• JK8
    JK8 Posts: 1 Newbie
    anyone used top dollar mobile to sell before?
  • Have you considered adding thehutrecycle.com to your comparison?

Quite competitive.
  • How accurate is this tool?

HTC Desire : £80 from Weeebuy .... until you actually go to their site and then it drops to £40.

Either the tool is broken or weeebuy are feeding MSE false quotes.
  • If you take advantage of eBay free listing weekends you can make a lot more for your old mobile than the sites offer. I made £35 on my x10 mini and £32 on the w595 (both sony ericsson)

was offered £10 each less on the sell-online sites
  • As a comparison tool, this doesn't really do the job well as it misses off some of the top payers. I normally use Gadget Panda, who always seem to pay the most when I'm looking to sell stuff, and they have always given a really good service to me!

Maybe it's because they don't buy all older phones and only newer smartphones and stuff...

The only issue with them is that they don't do freepost or send out a pack, but then I suppose that balances out as they pay more...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure