Tevion 32" LCD TV

Comments

• sallysaver wrote: »
    Hi,
    I too got one of these TV's yesterday for a relative. He has just phoned to say the speech (dubbing???) is slightly out. The picture is fine and all the stations are tuned in. They have read the instructions and re-read them but this annoying speech thingy still prevails. Can anyone point them in the right direction please. I apologise if this is on the wrong forum, I just thought it might get more readers on the original thread. Thanks - Sally
    By no means an expert, but this sounds like its the fault of the internal tuner (built in freeview). If possible get them to try with another freeview box then if that is okay unfortunately it is probably a faulty tuner as it normally is when synch is out.
  • Thanks you very much for that. They are ringing the after sales support tomorrow for starters and if they don't get anywhere, they will be taking it back. Have to say though, the picture is brilliant and they don't even have a digital aerial. They haven't long been in their new house, and the aerial (in the loft) looks very old, but seems to be OK. Sally
  • Digital aerial... ouch!!!
    Terminology like that cost my folks £360 for something they didn't need.
    The thing with Freeview (IMHO) is that if you get a good strength and quality signal with an existing aerial then why would you benefit from a piece of roof or loft metal that has snazzy marketing terms attached. In short, if it works already then it works - full stop.
    The signals being broadcast are only going to get stronger when the analogue signal is turned off in each area, so save money beacause if it works now then it'll still work later (maybe better), sorry to rant and HTH :confused: :eek:
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Jazzycat wrote: »
    No hitachi would not be in the top tier of manufacturers.
    The current top 2 for consideration are Panasonic and Sony.
    Before you say my choice? No - its the choice of just about every industry magazine and review. These reviews are based on intensive technical tests conducted on the TV and range & quality of components.

And you trust these biased industry reviews?, I prefer to trust users comments at places like AVForum, where you will find plenty of Sony and Panasonic owners with faulty sets, many are common/inherant faults as well.

Premium prices, not premium quality it would seem.:rolleyes:
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Posts: 459 Forumite
    And you trust these biased industry reviews?, I prefer to trust users comments at places like AVForum, where you will find plenty of Sony and Panasonic owners with faulty sets, many are common/inherant faults as well.

Oh dear penny still hasn't dropped that cheap will still NOT get top range quality. Nothing is perfect and faults can occur with anything but when working properly there is a noticable difference.

The reviews are unquestionable biaised as are the millions of consumers that use them. Where do I ask for my cheque?I am also quite aware of the forum you mention being a member on there for some time myself. Please see some posts about theis tv from there:

"
    These points might be relevant!

I bought a Tevion LCD3210ID in November from Aldi for £349 as a Christmas present for my girlfriend

The good points.
    • Very good picture. Not as good as my 42PX70 but much better than my sisters Panny LCD

The bad points
    • Video/Audio sync problems. Cleared by station switching but irritating.
    • DVD aspect problems. Have to manually switch into widescreen.
    • Major Freeview aspect problems. The biggest problem is that for BBC1 (and maybe others) it displays what I can only assume is a 16:9 cropped to 4:3 then stretched to 16:9. Other channels seem okay.
    If you connect an external Freeview box everything works well, even the Auto 16:9/4:3 switching that you get on channels like Dave works.

Spoke to Ekay and they said there is no fix available for the aspect problems and no replacements so they suggested I got my money back (from them)

So unfortunately Tevion have done it again. What could have been a really good TV has been spoilt by poor software."

"
    I have purchased the TV, it has a dropped pixel and as previously mentioned I dont feel the picture quality of colour & black is that good. I bought it for my daughters room so she is happy enough but I dont think I can justify 280 quid for a TV with a dropped pixel and a poor picture- I think it will be going back unfortunetly"

"Hi
    I Brought this Tv when I got it home it had a dropped pixel, took it back and replaced it.
    When I checked the second one out it also had the same problem, so i ended up getting a refund. I also must agree about the colour."

"Just one piece of advice buying tv's from Aldi

STAY CLEAR

Its not worth the hassle. check all other threads regarding Aldi lcd/plasmas, most if not all go back for a refund or suffer glitches."

I hope you enjoy your set!
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Digital aerial... ouch!!!
    The thing with Freeview (IMHO) is that if you get a good strength and quality signal with an existing aerial then why would you benefit from a piece of roof or loft metal that has snazzy marketing terms attached. In short, if it works already then it works - full stop.
    The signals being broadcast are only going to get stronger when the analogue signal is turned off in each area, so save money beacause if it works now then it'll still work later (maybe better), sorry to rant and HTH :confused: :eek:

You can buy a good 'digital' aerial for £20-00 maybe less. B& Q, Argos do cheapish ones. I have used an old aerial in a couple of houses & it's been fine, however some area's have to have a 'digital' aerial because the channels are in another part of the bandwidth & a 'normal' aerial cannot pick those up, so in those area's most channels will work fine but some will not appear.
    Nice to save.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Digital aerial... ouch!!!
    All I can say to that is, why did you not stop them?
    Perhaps they had as much faith in your knowledge as I have and so kept it a secret.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Jazzycat wrote: »
    Oh dear penny still hasn't dropped that cheap will still NOT get top range quality. Nothing is perfect and faults can occur with anything but when working properly there is a noticable difference.

The reviews are unquestionable biaised as are the millions of consumers that use them. Where do I ask for my cheque?I am also quite aware of the forum you mention being a member on there for some time myself. Please see some posts about theis tv from there:

I hope you enjoy your set!

I could post reams of similar reports on Sony and Panasonic, but of course, unlike Aldi Customers, they cannot take their sets back within 28 days if they don't like them.

I don't recall saying that I was about to buy a Tevion from Aldi, just that they represent a good offer/value.:rolleyes:
  • Hi,
    you will note from my previous posts that I got a Tevion TV at Aldi on Thursday. The speech is slightly out of sync and we have spoken with the helpline this morning. After quoting the model number from the side of the box and the instruction booklet, I have now been told this is not a Tevion TV but a Scheider (spelling?) Unfortunately, the serial number is also missing from the rear and therefore the CSA is unable to help me!!!! The 0871 number for technical support is not answering. I think we may well be on our way back to Aldi. Sally
  • All I can say to that is, why did you not stop them?
    Perhaps they had as much faith in your knowledge as I have and so kept it a secret.
    oooh get you! :p
    If I had either a time machine or foresight I would have stopped them, but that is of no matter now because if you doubt my wisdom then surely my further existence is futile anyway. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure