Paying in cheque at Post Office

Does anyone know if Post Office branches stock Lloyds Bank paying in envelopes?

They have arranged for some to be sent to me, but couldn't say for certain whether the Post Office stock them.

I have a high value cheque in my posession and my only opportunity to pay it in is at the Heathrow Airport post office before I fly away. I have the paying in book, but no envelopes.

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Post Office branches stock Lloyds Bank paying in envelopes?

They have arranged for some to be sent to me, but couldn't say for certain whether the Post Office stock them.

I have a high value cheque in my posession and my only opportunity to pay it in is at the Heathrow Airport post office before I fly away. I have the paying in book, but no envelopes.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

But surely, this isn't the 'only' opportunity you have.

You could post it direct to Lloyds Bank plc, BX1 1LT or ask a friend/relative to pay it into a branch for you.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm not sure why you would think that the post office would hold paying in envelopes for other banks.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    unforeseen wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you would think that the post office would hold paying in envelopes for other banks.
    Various banks offer current account servicing through Post Office branches. One of these is Lloyds Bank.

For most banks, cash is paid in with the paying in book over the counter. For cheques, they have to be put into an envelope.

I know for a fact that they stock HSBC/First Direct envelopes. I don't know whether they have Lloyds Bank envelopes, hence the question.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    unforeseen wrote: »

They do stock HSBC ones (HSBC claim they don't stock them, can't send out any and it's the Post Office's responsibility to order in enough envelopes for customers!)

I'd assume that at an airport, it's a smaller post office/a desk somewhere - so less likely to have what you need.
  • Peter6268
    Peter6268 Posts: 32 Forumite
    The post office in my village holds the Lloyds envelopes (as well as NatWest ones) as I have paid in cheques to both my Lloyds and Natwest accounts there. I am sure if they are held at my village post office then bigger/busier branches should have them.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Various banks offer current account servicing through Post Office branches. One of these is Lloyds Bank.

For most banks, cash is paid in with the paying in book over the counter. For cheques, they have to be put into an envelope.

I know for a fact that they stock HSBC/First Direct envelopes. I don't know whether they have Lloyds Bank envelopes, hence the question.

Did you consider asking them directly?
    Opening hours:
    Monday to Saturday 09:00 – 17:30; Sunday 09:00 – 13:00

+44 (0)20 8897 3463

http://www.heathrow.com/shops-and-restaurants/shops-a-z/post-office
    ====
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    d123 wrote: »
    Thanks. I didn't see that page. The Post Office website (where I was looking) doesn't list direct branch phone numbers. The Lloyds call centre were useless.

In the end, I've just posted the cheque to Lloyds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure