computer help request

Options

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind offer: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5653104

W7 support ends in 2020.

Here's an entire board with separate forums devoted to sorting out the many various W10 problems:
    https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-forums/

Here's a selection of problems:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/multiple-problems-with-w10/166891f8-025d-4131-b475-504fa7bcbd2d

As I indicated I never had so many problems with xp nor Vista, I never touched Millenium and the most stable os for me was W2k.
    Millenium was just win98SE

but look at MS OS history it all follows a pattern

good,bad,good,bad,good,bad

at in W7good, W8bad, W8.1good so they thought to break the cycle w9 would be skipped to win10.

I have never had any issues with Win10

Win 7 End of mainstream support January 13, 2015, extended support which is limited support is January 14, 2020
    so until January 14, 2020 MS will issue security updates/patches, but you could not call them and get tech support
  • angryparcel
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    I run a few Win10 machines and the user experience is dreadful, every time I upgrade they put their crap (that I previously removed) back.
    I have never had any crap through win 10. any software will replace anything you previously removed even in win 7 if you auto update, if the items are in the core files.

but at least you can remove them from windows. i am sick of Apple when they update Ios on iphone or ipad they will add another app that you cannot remove
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    Options
    just got reply from encore

this is MB specs
    http://ark.intel.com/products/51997/Intel-Desktop-Board-DQ67SW

Looks good to me.
  • WAYT
    Options
    I have to disagree, .....

I'm guessing that they were referring to Vista, not Windows 7. Though I could be wrong. :)
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have to disagree, etc.etc.

So IMO and it is an opinion that people pay big money for, staying with Win7 is actually good advice. Now you and others are entitled to their own opinion, perhaps you have lower needs or expectations.
    I think I'd be asking for a refund.....You seem to have a lot of problems not experienced here.....
    That'll be a tenner.......;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • angryparcel
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    I think I'd be asking for a refund.....You seem to have a lot of problems not experienced here.....
    That'll be a tenner.......;)

Maybe the problem is not the software but this
    Now I am capable, I can figure out and create registry files to undo this crap,
    messing about with the registry files and removing stuff win 10 uses to run smoothly
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The W10 bullies rule okay.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    The W10 bullies rule okay.
    Obviously, you not being able to join in the discussion is proving to be a difficulty for you.
    Perhaps you could articulate your problems and possibly, obtain some assistance in resolving them.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • WAYT
    Options
    computer help request

Just a reminder.
  • WAYT
    Options
    What like the pointless debate over whether something is a Notebook, Netbook, Laptop or Portable computer!!??

Nothing like that, as I had already posted a solution to the problem in that thread. Which the originating poster acknowledged and thanked for personally.

Whereas, the originating poster here needs help in purchasing a computer.
    You have posted your opinion of Windows 10, which is fine. But now I reminding you of the need to help the originating poster, as opposed to your own ego.

Make sure that they have reached a conclusion, before dragging the thread off topic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure