Calling all you night owls

Comments

• jak
    jak Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello! Coool idea. I'm at work till 8am so i'll be here all night! It gets quiet aaround 3.30am, I find.
    Happy insomnia people who aren't working...
    2022 Comp total (prizes + free spins): £494.81 #20 £12 a day Jan: £382.95/£372 #57 360 1p challenge: £17.70 £10 a day Feb: £571.09/£280 March: £311.96/£310
  • smashedbooboo
    smashedbooboo Posts: 4,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bloody hell, did not expect so many replies in such a short space of time. I am at work honey. And i thought there are a lot of times when people cant sleep either through worrying or working or just plain insomniacs. And when the forum goes quiet on a night there are still some folk who would like to chat. I used to lurk and see what was going on and wanted to chat myself and i think there are quite a few like me. So this is the place to do it now. So, shall we have a night owl club. xxxxxxxxxx
    Night Owl Member No 1 :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Night owl member of the threesome. Rules are for fools to follow and wise men to be guided by
    No Man is worth your tears,
    And the one who is wont make you cry !!!!!
  • thevinternet
    thevinternet Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Hello hello - I'm often to be found lurking in the early hours on here, nice that I finally have a place to go!

I'm up doing coursework and revision tonight, what are you peeps doing? xx
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    whatever. just catching up stuff, after clearing out some junk- got to show willing, with the council coming round (new doors, at last!)
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • smashedbooboo
    smashedbooboo Posts: 4,558 Forumite
    Be a lurker no more then. Welcome
    Night Owl Member No 1 :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Night owl member of the threesome. Rules are for fools to follow and wise men to be guided by
    No Man is worth your tears,
    And the one who is wont make you cry !!!!!
  • butterflylady
    butterflylady Posts: 320 Forumite
    Hi, i hope you don;t mind me joining in.

For many years I have been an insomniac, I had been getting better since I had my son.

Unfortunately tonight I have a reason to be awake. My MIL was takening into hospital earlier this evening she was recently diaognoised with pneumonia, but today her oxgen stats bottomed out. She is now on a machine which we hope will push the CO2 out of her body but this is currently not working. My OH, BIL and SIL have been told to prepare for the worse.

I'm waiting for the next lot of test results as I type this.

The whole situation is made worse by the fact we lost my FIL just before Easter.

I'm sorry if I have depresed any one, I just need to talk and have company. I can't go to bed as my niece is in it!!!
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Evening! :D Can me and my mate Insomnia please join your club?
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • klane
    klane Posts: 272 Forumite
    Sorry to hear that BFlady. :(

Just popping in to say hi, I'm usually on in the day mostly but been out this eve.
    Debt - Loan: £1150 C/C: £4763 @ 0%.

• debtbegone
    debtbegone Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Hello :wave:

Wel I'm normally on here in the wee early hours and miss all the fun of the through the day chat so this is fab! Thanks smashedbooboo!

Though in saying that I doubt I'll be round for much longer, I've been doing overtime at my second job the past few days and working longer hours at my business as it's super busy at the moment and I'm starting to dip.

Must get the last few pieces I'm working on done before bed though then get ebay listing when I get up.

My parents always say I'm a vampire, just because I like to stay up till four in the morning working :eek:

*and watching scrubs & the simple life but shhhhh don't tell anyone :o
    The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
    1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100

• brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    feeling for you, b'flylady.
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure