Infinis energy ipo

Comments

• Presumably, as we all received our first 1K, and then a little over half of the remaining request, that implies a good market for them due to the oversubscription??? Sorry for seeming ignorant of all this, I've just never participated in an IPO before!
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In theory, if something is oversubscribed then that will create demand, which increases prices. The problem is that if Infinis value themselves at only £2.60 per share then maybe the market will only value them at a similar price.
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jamescary wrote: »
    Presumably, as we all received our first 1K, and then a little over half of the remaining request, that implies a good market for them due to the oversubscription??? Sorry for seeming ignorant of all this, I've just never participated in an IPO before!

James welcome to the party. Whatever folks say about IPOs they are great fun. So many surprises and quick decision possibilities.

Sadly an over subscription doesn't mean those who didn't get all they wanted will snap them up in the conditional market. But we can be hopeful ;)

But I think I'll hang on to them and see how the divis go regardless. If I sell and buy something else I just add more costs and stamp duty.
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
  • westy22
    The projected yield at £2.60 must be in the order of 7% :j
  • this offer price doesn't surprise me; but this may actually be a good thing. I think the institutions convinced Infinis that there were a lot of risks with their valuation and priced it downwards.

I suspect institutions will jump on it now and suspect that the price will rise at least 10% by EOD.
  • westy22
    Should have bought Aussie debutante freelancer.com - up 400% in early trading!
  • westy22
    Very modest start - plenty of buyers around but only in the 261-262 range at the moment
  • BarleyGB
    BarleyGB Posts: 234 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2013 at 9:56AM
    The Share Centre

"
    Applications scaled back

The final offer price was set at 260p per share and due to high demand, Infinis Energy scaled back the number of shares allocated to investors who applied for more than £1000. Everyone who applied for the minimum £1,000 of shares were allocated 384 shares (£998.40). Those who applied for more than £1,000 were allocated 384 shares plus 55% of the excess amount, rounded down to the nearest whole share (with a maximum of 10,749 shares = £27,947.40)."

Pretty much what I expected when I applied, unlike the Royal Mail IPO where I got nothing, I should end up with exactly what I was hoping for. Fingers crossed for positive unconditional trading.
  • Lots of people bailing out now at the launch price.
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    srcandas wrote: »
    So far for infinis sell price at 9am tomorrow:

M00nie 3.10 :money:
    WatsonNimrod 3.12
    BarleyGB 3.15
    Westy 3.17
    ajdj 3.20
    srcandas 3.23
    djfollon 3.35

And the winner is M00nie who was in error by a lesser infinite amount than the rest of us :rotfl:

Just cancelled a sell at £2.60. Seems fair enough
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family