PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

sweaty head/yucky pillows!

HELP! my DH has a sweaty head, and within a few days his pillow cases look horrible - all greasy & stained.

i've tried soaking them in a variety of things, but they seem to need a few days to soak each time! and short of changing & washing his pillowcase every 2 days, i can't see a way round it!

we have just bought new bedding ( not very OS i know, but our old sets had finally given up after many years faithful service, and we had re-decorated ) and after only a few weeks, all DH pillow cases look yucky! ( i snip the labels out of 'mine' so he doesn't ruin all of them! )

any ideas of a good soak/spray/washing solution?

DH washes his hair every morning, and wouldn't do it at night!

he is getting very fed up about me moaning about his yucky pillows, but can't comeup with a solution!

thank you!

loocyloo xxx

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Exact same problem here! :rolleyes: I use a good dose of biological washing powder and some Vanish powder - seems to do the trick. Good luck!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Why not have another old pillow and case, that you swap over at bed time so it wont matter if it gets ruined, save the good set for show, just put it back on when you make the bed in the morning ?
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    My DH's side of the bed is similar :eek: I wash the bedding at 60 degrees with biological washing powder and a tablespoon of soda crystals. HTH
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Same here, I use a pillow protector as well.

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hadn't thought of a pillow protector! Thanks, Hester! :T
  • cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    you are not alone!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • I'm always getting on at my boyfriend about this! He doesn't understand why it annoys me, but it really does. We have a love white/black duvet set and I can't stand it when his side of the bed ends up looking dirty only 2 or 3 days after being washed (even though he's not a dirty person at all)
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Same problem and can't find a solution.
    Can I ask what sort of jobs your OH's have? Mine works using hydraulic oil which seems to become ingrained into his pores and won't scrub out so even if he showers before bed and uses a face scrub its still there.
    I now just buy dark bed linen as I had 3 sets of beautiful pure white cotton bed linen ruined because no amount of bio hot washes, Vanish, soda, bleach or sunshine would shift the yellowy marks :(
  • missm29
    missm29 Posts: 340 Forumite
    my other half is a builder and even after showering before bed the sheets are still dirty in the morning, theres usually a yellow mark where his body and head has been, i've checked to make sure he has a good scrub in the shower, hes a little over weight and sometimes sweats at night. I change the sheets and pillowcases usually daily and the quilt cover 2/3 times a week. We have white sheets and a cream quilt cover, i wonder if i bought darker sheets i wouldn't see it, but then i know its there can't stand the thought of sleeping in a dirty bed. I hate it when we go on holiday and they only change the sheets 2 times a week, yuck. If i catch him on my side of the bed after i've got up he gets shouted at, he thinks i'm weird, glad i'm not the only one.
  • loocyloo
    loocyloo Posts: 265 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2009 at 11:42AM
    ;) so pleased i am not alone!

we had pale bedding, now have 'mocha' coloured - still very noticeable, if anything, think its worse! and use pillow protectors.

i have thought about making him use an old pillow at night, but he wouldn't 'get it' and would just moan!

i too hate it when i find him on my side of the bed !!!

i do wash on a 60, with bio powder (plus whatever else i happen to be using ;)) but was hoping there was some old style remedy!

x
    ps dh works in an office all day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family