y-cam homemonitor ending free cloud recording

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I take it you didn't purchase from Amazon?
  • plunet
    plunet Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've got a feeling that submitting a claim to MCOL (Money Claim Online, used to be the small claims court) might be the way forward. But what would I claim for....

The cost of the cameras.... not that useful to me.... and I could probably get that back from Amazon.
    The cost of the cloud storage - but for how many years?
    The cost of competing but equivalent products and their cloud service - for a number years.

Decisions decisions...
  • I’m more concerned with recovering the cost of the electricians installation and now replacement, far more than the cameras themselves.
  • Andywest
    Andywest Posts: 12 Forumite
    Packaging not always covered by ASA so any adverts relating to free forever related promise would be excellent.. i have internal manuals stating free... and their recent emails.
    :T
  • plunet
    I’m more concerned with recovering the cost of the electricians installation and now replacement, far more than the cameras themselves.

Ah, good point.
    And a couple of hours for me to reinstall cameras if I move to a competitor.
  • plunet
    edited 4 December 2017 at 6:42PM
    Andywest wrote: »
    Packaging not always covered by ASA so any adverts relating to free forever related promise would be excellent.. i have internal manuals stating free... and their recent emails.
    :T

Their blog is a useful place to start... it seems that at least some of these articles were seemingly tied to promotional material or email campaigns.

Why Y-Cam

Y-cam Cloud Cameras vs IP Cameras

Y-cam Evo HD Wi-Fi Motion Activated Cloud Security Camera coming June 29!

And a google image search found this one hosted at DIY Security Cameras but is probably manufacturer supplied by Y-Cam

6c34c1855c4c.jpg

and this image hosted on Amazon, probbaly linked to their online sales

31DemlJWkaL.jpg

This one on Vesternet

YCam_Cloud.jpg

This one linked from Dailymotion

1280x720-_pg.jpg
  • iDragon
    iDragon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Very much same reply I got, they can certainly have it back if they really want to pay for the postage!, mine's having to go quite far, as I've moved overseas since buying it..
  • So far Amazon have fully refunded one (2015), given me a 30 voucher for an older one (2014).

One I have bought via Amazon market place from Y-cam themselves has not had a reply from my refund request but it was bought 2013.

Why oh why are they charging existing customers, they should of honoured the agreement but charged new purchases a subscription if they can’t continue.

Cloud storage for the low quality clips they use can’t be that much, how much can people get free now via Dropbox, google drive, one drive, iCloud etc etc? Storage is cheap, customers good will certainly isn’t.
  • ballyblack
    Another point if they had reduced the 7days to say 48 hrs or even 24 hrs (it is easy to download clips) I would have understood, but no free storage whatsoever after selling that package with the camera is unacceptable
  • ballyblack
    edited 5 December 2017 at 10:26AM
    Ycam has responded to some angry comments on Facebook spawning plenty of more critical comments.
    a fiasco of their own making

https://www.facebook.com/pg/YcamHomeMonitor/posts/?ref=page_internal

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family