Life begins again at 45

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Dont hang your head with frustration.
    What can you do to generate any income from home?
    Even £10 a week would help & you could put it on the CC?

beanielou firstly I thought thank you for setting me a challenge, really motivating me - i love doing things for others - and you believe in me :kisses3:

then I thought how

1. I don't think i have anything left of value to eBay:o
    2. I've signed up to survey sites but not having much luck as my demographics don't seem to fit.
    3. I am too honest - feel uncomfortable doing mystery shops
    4. My baking cooking - can be a bit hit and miss - and I feel the commitment of standing to cook would be too stressful.
    5. I have an Etsy account - so another push with craft?

Thats as far as I got on Friday.

Well on Saturday, my chronic fatigue was horrible, and i really wanted to stay in bed with the cat who had joined us while drinking our morning tea and finish reading my chick flick which had got to the exciting bit. However I had got a free session at my embroidery class as my tutor had been off sick a couple weeks ago. It's a lovely building and lovely company. My OH helped me to go; Finding clothes that I needed so i could just swing out of bed and dress, then took me and gave me lunch money

I am currently doing a donkey, I will need to work out how I can upload the photo. It was inspired by one of those colouring in drawing books which is all the craze. I am filling in the outline of the donkey with lots and lots of different embroidery stitches and silk ribbon flowers in oranges and purples. Its a public space where we work, a lady saw what I was doing then approached me on my lunch break and asked me if I took commissions. She wanted a cat for her daughters birthday. I've got to be very careful as it takes a long while to do and I need to cost this very carefully however I'm surely going to earn a tenner!

It was just lovely to be complimented :D
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Hi Bubbles, :hello:

Please can I pinch your priority-task card idea? Am so fed up with having pages of lists that I never get through; just feels like I'm creating extravagant stove-kindling paper!

The cat commission sounds great, but make sure you don't undervalue yourself!
    ..Maybe when you've had a think about it, you could ask the lady how much she is intending to spend on this gift before giving her a price. If you need an excuse, you could say you're wondering whether her budget would allow for buying in extra decorative materials, perhaps? ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Cat sounds just fab :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    edited 23 February 2016 at 4:01PM
    Evening All

I've done it! I have completed my list - well most of it

1. Cat Commission - Robin, your sage advice was spot on, and was given by my tutor ( who trained at the Royal School of Needlework) I have sent email to the client and asked for budget.
    2. knickers - duly bought with a Mr s 25% off and ready to take to church on Sunday
    3. 40 Acts - the 2 difficult letters have been written, one even has a stamp! :T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
    4. Chore bad and washing up achieved ( the latter after going out but before OH came home) :T
    5. Large letter steps bought and on letters ready to post plus fees printed and included :T:T
    6. Spoken to Treasurer and arranged handover tomorrow
    7. Updated calender but found date that Dad and we could make for him to take us to Claridges for tea i fully booked :(
    8. card -couldnt find one suitable for a grumpy 88 year old !
    9. Pilates - an hour of hard work
    10. Props spreadsheet - uploaded and completed - now to find everything

All meals were rated from store cupboard and eaten left overs

So all in all a very good day, so satisfied, can clock off and relax
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    Morning All

Bit slow this morning OH came home with a start of a cold last night, and he was awake several times last night, consequently so was I :(

I went to bed smiling two friends got in contact last night and asked me out to brunch - have not seen them in a while and so a) it was lovely I am not doing the arranging b) it will be good to catch up. :j:j

So my challenges for today -

1. Shopping and post in the village
    2. complete and deliver the christmas Day accounts
    3. Go to day centre and book summer fair stand
    4. Complete savings withdrawal for lap top letter
    5. Mr BMD is with me today
    6. Look at Prop list and see what I need to source
    7. complete todays 40 Acts - involves chocolate!
    8. Reply back to BF email
    9. Complete some CPD
    10. March Grocery challenge spreadsheet and stores inventory

So here we go.... via using up shred dies again I think
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    Hoorah :beer:

I have completed my list again - apart from not having Mr BMD - swapped to Thursday afternoon.

the chocolate challenge was rather feel good and fun. I got three d@iry milk bars for £1.25 attached then to three odd postcards with the words #40Acts and Have a lovely day. I dropped one behind the counter in Budge@ns - as the lady who served me was so cheerful, and one at the welcome desk at the bank, and the last in the envelope of accounts I dropped off - I didn't stop to see the reactions.

As I use to sign off my work emails Looby Lou said Andy Pandy "time to go home, Andy is saying Goodbye" its time to switch the lap top off
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    edited 24 February 2016 at 6:10PM
    Afternoon dear diary and friends

Well I have not gone AWOL. I have been out doing an embroidery course all day.

Meet Dolly the Donkey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44325894@N08/24941708600/in/dateposted-public

And my coffee pot, cup and saucer

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44325894@N08/25119095262/in/dateposted-public/

Had a much better day today, was awake when alarm went off at 7.30am, showered and had made a smoothie by the time i got out the door - even had make up on!

So I am going to try and complete 5 tasks before bed:

1. General tidy up of home
    2. Photograph crochet throw and arrange to drop it of at Project Linus coordinator
    3. wrap up Christmas Day @Greeno presents and store them
    4. Ask OH to help me make guest room bed - so already for visitors/clear washing
    5. Look at arranging logistics for Sat and Jason
    :smileyhea:smileyhea

See you later - fingers cross when i press the post button you can see the pictures
    Fake it, to you Make It

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Love the donkey & the cup & saucer :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    :T:T Completed all chores :T:T

And I cooked dinner - be it stir fry

So chuffed as after embroidery on the last two occasions I just vegged on the sofa

Guest room now up to having guests - anyone? Beanielou?:)
    Fake it, to you Make It

• Bubblesmum
    Forumite
    Morning dear diary and friends

On determination train this morning, slow start I slept through the alarm again.:(

Last night I felt a definite switch in hormones and emotions, less positive and anxious, Aunty Flo is on a 6 day countdown, according to my app.......

So here is my current list......

1. General chores include putting wrapping paper box away (its been sitting there since Sun) and water the orchids (I'm hopeless with orchids despite lessons :eek:)
    2. Mail out Am Dram Prop shopping list - hoping others can help
    3. Email Greeno Vicar and wise guru about what next re CD @ Greeno
    4. Wellbeing, Vitamins, Pilates exercises and diet
    5. Info for friend re accommodation for those with learning disabilities in the area
    6. Calendar Trips research
    7. Mr BM doggy sitting this afternoon
    8. 40 Acts - Anna
    9. Grocery Challenge - Ocado and next weeks menu/inventory
    10. Independent practice - COT Reg/Balens Ins

But before anything else coffee pot needs to go on.....
    Fake it, to you Make It

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure