Best / Best Value RTI Gap Insurance?

motorguy
motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Folks looking for recommendations on the best / best value return to invoice GAP insurance?

Picking up a new car next week, want to get it in place.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    online, look at the cashback sites (quidco, TCB) to see who is offering the most then do your quote.
    I have used ALA twice.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    motorguy wrote: »
    Folks looking for recommendations on the best / best value return to invoice GAP insurance?

Picking up a new car next week, want to get it in place.

Thanks in advance.
    Usual suspects, ALA etc. The ones I've used in the past for my BMW are gapinsurance.co.uk, who were very cheap and extremely helpful, they also gave a discount for certain online car forums.

Can I ask why you're looking at RTI only, personally I'd always go for replacement cover given the ups and downs of new car prices.

Just to add, you can also do quotes for GAP insurance on a lot of the comparison sites now.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Usual suspects, ALA etc. The ones I've used in the past for my BMW are gapinsurance.co.uk, who were very cheap and extremely helpful, they also gave a discount for certain online car forums.

Can I ask why you're looking at RTI only, personally I'd always go for replacement cover given the ups and downs of new car prices.

Just to add, you can also do quotes for GAP insurance on a lot of the comparison sites now.

Indeed - i've subsequently "discovered" replacement cover. :D
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've bought replacement cover through gapinsurance.co.uk three times now. Can't comment on claims because I haven't had any, but I've found them very helpful with queries both on the phone and by email, with no sales pressure.
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I would go RTI. Then there is no debate about equivalent model up to 5 years down the line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure